Skip-the-Line Ticket to Conciergerie with Histopad
Skip past the long ticketing lines to enter the Conciergerie which showcases a dark side to Paris’ history. Learn about its transition from palace to prison and witness the tough conditions prisoners were put through. Select the HistoPad option for a more augmented and immersive experience.
- With skip the line entry, you can worry less about wasting time waiting in long lines, and enjoy quality time exploring the Conciergerie on a self-guided visit
- Learn about the dark history of this age-old fortress and reacquaint yourself with the terrors and wonders of the French Revolution
- Check out the Hall of Men-at-Arms, the Clerk's office, Marie Antionette’s personal prison cell, the women’s courtyard, and more
- An audio guide in 6 languages and a booklet in 11 languages will help you get a fair idea about the attraction and its murky past
- Choose to enrich your experience with the HistoPad option which provides a lens into the past through augmented reality and 3D reconstructions
- Skip the line tickets to Conciergerie
- Self-guided visit
- Audioguide in 6 languages
- Booklet in 11 languages
- HistoPad (if option is selected)
- Entrance to Sainte-Chapelle
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
What began as a royal residence turned into a notorious prison. Standing gloomily on the banks of the Seine, the Conciergerie is the oldest remaining part of the Palais de la Cité. As a dreaded antechamber to the guillotine, it became a symbol of the Reign of Terror which was a dark and violent period during the French Revolution.
With skip the line entry, waste no time queueing in lines, and get straight to exploring the cells of criminals and tombs of heroes of the French Revolution. Observe the largest medieval parts of the Conciergerie in the Hall of Men-at-Arms, see reconstructions of the Concierge’s office and the Grooming Room, where prisoners were stripped of their belongings before the execution took place. You can also see the recreation of a chapel which was Marie Antionette’s prison cell. With an audioguide and booklet for company, make yourself familiar with this attraction.
Choose to book these tickets with a HistoPad which offers an immersive and enriching experience. With augmented reality techniques, 3D reconstructions, and interactive features, the HistoPad allows you to gather a deeper understanding of this historic landmark. Through this, you can view the rooms as they originally looked during the 14th - 18th centuries.
know before you go
In the next step of your booking, you can choose your desired variant for the ticket:
- Skip-the-line tickets to Conciergerie
- Skip-the-line tickets to Conciergerie with HistoPad
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- A limited number of visitors
- Each visitor is invited to respect the safety instructions indicated upon entering the monument
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory when inside the monument
- Your email voucher includes a barcode and a PDF ticket in the attachment. Please scan both at the entrance.
- The monument is free during the European Heritage Days (the 3rd weekend of September); the first Sunday of the month (from January 1st to March 31st and from November 1st to December 31st).
- No luggage is allowed inside the monument.
From September 8th, a security perimeter will be set up around the Île de la Cité from Monday to Friday. Access will only be via Place Lépine (flower market square), where an initial check will be carried out by the police. Visitors will be required to present their entrance tickets to the monument. Visitors to the Sainte-Chapelle and/or Conciergerie will have a dedicated line. The Cité metro station remains open. Then, visitors will be able to access the monuments through the usual address where a second check will be carried out before entering the monument.
On weekends, public holidays, and Christmas holidays, and on days without an audience (some Mondays), access to the monuments will be via the usual address.
- Daily from 9:30am to 6pm
- The last admission is 30 mins before closing time.
- Closed on 1 May and 25 Dec.
- Closes at 4pm on 24 and 31 Dec.
- Free entry on the first Sunday of a few months. These include 2 Jan, 6 Feb, 6 Mar, 6 Nov, and 4 Dec.
- Groups from 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Every day limited to 20 people - no speaking rights in the revolutionary parties except in the women's courtyard.
Audio Guide Languages
Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian
Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian
Visitors below the age of 18 (or under 26 residing in the EU), as well as differently-abled people + an accompanying person, can enter for free.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. It includes a barcode and a PDF ticket in the attachment. Please scan both at the entrance.
- If you have purchased reduced-price or free tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is - The Conciergerie.
- Address: 2 Boulevard du Palais, 75001 Paris.
- If you're going from the right bank, via the Pont au Change/Châtelet, kindly present your barcode and PDF ticket, and complete your security check at the Tour de l'Horloge.
- In case you're coming from the left bank, via the Pont Saint Michel, present your barcode and PDF ticket, and complete your security check at the Quai des Orfèvres/Bd du Palais.
- These RER lines stop near La Conciergerie: RER - B.
- These Metro lines stop near La Conciergerie: Metro - 1, Metro - 4, Metro - 7.
- These Bus lines stop near La Conciergerie: Bus - 21, Bus - 27, Bus - 72, Bus - 81, Bus - 96.
These tickets are valid for the time and date selected during checkout.