Ice Skating London: Skate at Somerset House
Visit the Somerset House for an ice skating session at one of London's most beautiful rinks. Enjoy a perfect winter activity with your friends and loved ones this winter!
- Show off your moves at the Somerset House ice rink, and enjoy a perfect activity for the winters with your loved ones
- Twirl, spin, pirouette, and dash on the ice while you admire the artwork and environs around you.
- Experience a spectacular new artwork on the rink from the resident artist Gaika, titled 100 Names of God
- 45-minute long ice skating session
- Light and sound show
- Food and drink
- Assistance polar bear
strict cancellation policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
what to expect
It's time to dust off your woolens and hit the ice for some slick moves! Visit the Somerset House for 45 minutes of icy fun at the winter oasis that is the Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court. Celebrate the festive mood of the season by doing hops, skips, and twirls around the giant Christmas tree in the center of the rink. What's more, you can take part in skating lessons, late-night DJs series Skate Lates, and the first-ever Skate all-nighter on 7th December. To add to the ambience of this setting, the resident artist Gaika has created a new audio-visual artwork known as the 100 Names of God, which will be projected over the rink as you skate.
You can hire an assistance polar bear if you're shaky on the ice, and after your session you can warm up at the nearby cafés, restaurants and bars, all fully stocked with goodies and warm drinks. Stop by the Fortnum’s Christmas Arcade for seasonal shopping, enjoy gourmet dining in Fortnum’s Lodge, or soak up the rink atmosphere with a Baileys Hot Chocolate in hand at the Skate Lounge, home to the Baileys Treat Bar.
Don't miss this chance to enjoy the perfect winter experience with your friends or family, here in the heart of London!
know before you go
- The open-air ice rink operates in all weather conditions
- We recommend you arrive at least 30 minutes before your skate session begins to put on your skates and get ready.
- Make sure to wear appropriate socks for ice skating. Trainer socks are not suitable
- There is a cloakroom available for you to store your belongings.
- Large bags (over A3/30cm x 42 cm and above) will not be accepted in the cloakroom
- All loose items, bags, and cameras are not allowed onto the ice. Please avoid bringing unnecessary items with you
- Food, cans, glass, and alcohol is not allowed into the skate hire or onto the ice. Ensure you finish all food and drinks before you enter this point
- Assistance Polar Bears are available for skaters aged eight and under only
- Somerset House reserves the right to refuse entry
- Ticket holders under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to skate
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult on the rink
Timings and Availability
The rink will be open from 13th November to 12th January. Slots for skating are available from 9 AM to 10 PM, at an interval of 1 hour between 2 slots. Check the calendar for available slots.
Students and children under the age of 12 enjoy reduced prices. Please select the appropriate options during checkout and carry a valid photo ID.
Tickets are only valid for the date and time shown on your ticket. If you arrive late you may be allowed on the ice, but you will not be given any extra time.
If you arrive after the duration of your booked session you will not be allowed entry.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the venue
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
Make your way to Somerset House Museum Ice Rink, London WC2R 1LA, United Kingdom
Catch the yellow, or green lines and get off at Temple station.
This station is a 5-minute walk to the meeting point.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected at checkout.