KUR-Cow Barnwell Farm Entry with Optional ATV & Horse Riding
Get ready for an authentic Australian cattle farm experience with lots of fun options thrown in – ATV bike rides, horse riding, and more.
- Experience one of the most local and authentic Australian cattle farms out there at the KUR-Cow Barnwell Farm in Kuranda – just a 35-min drive from Cairns.
- Meet the animals up close and watch the cattle grazing in the abundant pastures. The entry includes a visit to the petting zoo where you can feed the ponies and cattle, milk a cow, and safely handle the chickens and ducks.
- This is an eco-conscious farm that works to preserve the land and the environment along with the indigenous people of the land.
- Explore the organic garden and grab a bite to eat from the on-site restaurant that serves farm-to-table cuisine (meals not included.)
- For adventure-seekers, upgrade your experience to include horseback riding around the estate and/or exploring the farm on a quad ATV bike.
- Farm Entry with the petting zoo
- Horse riding (optional)
- ATV (optional)
- Kuranda Pickup/Drop Off (optional)
- Meals and drinks
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule
If you’re looking for a great family outing in an outdoor setting with animals, look no further than an experience at the Kur-Cow Barnwell Farm. Located in Kuranda and just a short 35-min drive from Cairns CBD, this massive expanse of protected land welcomes visitors to get to know what eco-farm life is really all about.
Originally formed in the 1890s, Kur-Cow Farm has been carefully built and restored over the years to become the space it is today. Watch the cattle graze in the open fields and soak up the never-ending sky – if you’re visiting in the evening, the sunset is sure to be breathtaking. Visit the petting zoo where you can see ducks and chickens with their babies, milk a cow, and feed the cows and ponies. This would be a wonderful experience for children. Take a stroll through the organic farm and pick up delicious fruit and vegetables to sample. The farm community works with local indigenous people to preserve the land and its gifts. So, everything you consume is truly farm-to-table.
Explore the adventurous activities of the farm such as horse riding like an Aussie cowboy or grabbing a ride on an ATV quad bike over the spacious grounds. These open-air activities will really let you enjoy nature in a fun and unique way. You can even opt to enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch, making the farmland experience complete (meals not included.)
know before you go
Choose from the following variants:
- Farm Entry with the petting zoo
- Horse Riding (30min) & Petting Zoo
- ATV (30min) & Petting Zoo
- ATV & Horse Riding Combo (30min each) & Petting Zoo
- ATV & Horse Riding Combo (30min each) & Petting Zoo + Kuranda Pickup/Drop Off
- Participants must be aged 6+ to participate in horse riding and ATV. A safety helmet is included.
- A side-by-side (Buggy) is available for kids under 6 or anyone who can't ride a quad bike but still wants to join the ATV tour.
- For horse-riding and ATV, the minimum height is 1-meter.
- The maximum body weight for horse riding is 100kg.
- This farm is wheelchair and pram/stroller accessible.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- This experience is not recommended for guests with back problems, those who are pregnant, and guests with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Both English and Chinese-speaking farm staff are available to assist you.
- In case of severe inclement weather, guests will be given the option to reschedule or get refunded.
Kuranda Pickup/Drop Off (if selected)
- Kuranda Train Terminal/Sky Rail Pick Up: 10:30am
- Kuranda Train Terminal/Sky Rail Drop-off: (Depart from the farm at 1:30pm)
- Daily: 9am, 10am, 11am, 2pm, and 3pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the attraction 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at KUR-Cow Barnwell Farm.
- Address: 112 Barnwell Rd, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia.
- If you're driving to the attraction, take National Route 1 from Cairns.
Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Pick-up and drop-off is only available if you choose the Kuranda Pickup/Drop Off Option.
- 10:30am pick-up at Kuranda Skyrail/Train Terminal.
- 1:30pm departure from KUR-Cow Farm, drop-off at Kuranda Skyrail/Train Terminal.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.