3-Day Merzouga Sahara Desert Tour from Marrakesh
- Experience the Morrocan Sahara Desert on this 3-day excursion to Merzouga.
- With round-trip hotel transfers and the guidance of an expert tour guide, you're all set!
- Along the way, pass the High Atlas, Kasbah of Ait Ben Addou, the Ouarzazate road, and more.
- On day 1, you'll spend the night in a beautiful riad at Tinghir.
- On day 2, ride across the Erg Chebbi dunes on a camel and admire the sunset.
- Your night ends with Berber music, a campfire, dinner, and shelter in a nomadic tent.
- Watch the sun rise over the dunes, bathing them in the unique morning hues of the desert.
- On your way back, admire the rolling landscapes of the Sahara, oases, palm groves, and green valleys.
- Round-trip hotel transfers with professional driver
- Small tour group (17 guests or less)
- Overnight stay at Hotel Bougafer 4 (breakfast + dinner included)
- Camel trek in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight stay at 'Auberge Sahara' (breakfast + dinner included)
- Local guides
- Attractions entry fees
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd of verschoven worden.
A 3-day excursion through the Merzouga desert won't seem very long, for there is much to see and much to adore!
Day 1: Marrakesh - Les Gorges Dades Tinghir
Depart from your riad/hotel on a comfortable vehicle towards the High Atlas, crossing the Tizi n ’Tichka Pass to reach the UNESCO site of Kasbah of Ait Ben Addou. Visit the Kasbah and buy yourself some lunch. Cross the Ouarzazate road, Skoura and the Thousand Kasbahs, and the Valley of the Roses before reaching the Dades Gorges. Spend the night in Tinghir in a beautiful riad, letting you soak up the local culture.
Day 2: Tinghir - Merzouga
After a scrumptious breakfast, visit the Todgha gorges and the palm grove of Tineghir, a site you cannot miss. The great desert via Erfoud (the capital of fossils) is next, with an option to visit the fossil production workshop. Continue towards the impressive dunes of (Erg Chebbi) Merzouga for a nice camel ride through the sandy landscape. Admire the sunset over the dunes and listen to the drums of the desert camp, where you will spend the night in nomad tents. Under a canopy of stars, find yourself smack dab in the Saharan desert! The lively atmosphere of Berber music, a campfire, and a complete dinner ends your day on a high note.
Day 2: Merzouga - Marrakesh
Watch the sun rise slowly over the dunes, bathing them in unique morning hues. After devouring a typical breakfast, a camel ride towards Merzouga awaits. You'll then reboard your minibus and continue back to Marrakesh. On your way home, pass by the Berber villages of the Haut - Atlas! Admire the rolling landscapes of the Sahara, oases, palm groves, and green valleys along the way. By evening, you'll reach your hotels in Marrakesh, where your end officially ends.
know before you go
- If the road across the Atlas Mountains is blocked during winter, an alternative route is available via Taroudant. Customers must pay a mandatory supplement of 10€ per person if the alternative route is taken.
- On the final day, the transfer time back to Marrakech is approximately 10 hours.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users and pregnant women.
- Operates on Tue, Thur & Sat
- Duration: 72 Hrs.
- Tour begins at 7 - 8 AM from your accomodation in Marrakesh.
Infants aged 3yrs and below go free. Children aged 4-12yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your driver.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- This is applicable to all hotels/riads in Marrakesh.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.