Budapest: Hop-On Hop-Off Premium Ticket
Experience the magic of Budapest and savor all its sights and sounds to your heart’s content with this fabulous hop-on-hop-off tour. Witness some of the city’s most iconic monuments such as the Charles Bridge and the Parliament Building and enjoy all the wonders of the city at your own pace.
- See all the fascinating architectural marvels of Budapest on this self-paced tour. -Enjoy the tour and learn more about the monuments and buildings with the pre-recorded commentary that is available in over 23 different languages.
- You will have access to Wi-Fi on board, so you can upload pictures as you go around the city.
- The buses are open-top, allowing you to enjoy a full 360-degree view of the city on the tour.
- You can take a boat ride across the River Danube with your ticket and look at various buildings such as the Parliament, National Theatre, and the Chain Bridge from relatively fresh vantage points.
- You can also choose to walk around portions of the city and take in the brilliant sights on foot before boarding another bus.
One of the best ways to go around the city at your own pace is with the Big Bus hop-on-hop-off tour package, which operates at all hours of the day and runs through some of the most important sites in Budapest. The premium ticket is especially impressive as it throws in a cruise on the Danube River and a walk through the city along with the traditional bus tour.
The original Big Bus route passes through 20 of the most important sights in the city. The tour starts at the iconic Heroes Square, which is arguably one of the most picturesque places in all of Budapest. The tour then takes you through prominent streets and areas such as Vaci Street, Batthyany Square, Chain Bridge, St. Stephen’s Basilica, Hungaria Center, and the New York Café, which is often referred to as one of the world’s most beautiful cafes. You can embark on a river cruise right in the middle of the tour.
On the cruise you can see famous buildings such as the Parliament building, the Chain Bridge, the National Theatre and the Royal Palace, from a completely new angle. You can also enjoy refreshments and click pictures of all the amazing sights from the deck of your cruise boat. You can also take the walking tour, which lasts for about an hour and a half and goes through a similar route as the Big Bus tour if you wish to explore the city in a more thorough manner.
- 2-day premium Hop-on, Hop-off tour .
- 75-minute river cruise along the river Danube.
- A complimentary walking tour of Budapest
- Air-conditioned buses with free onboard WiFi to travel in comfort to visit top landmarks.
- Pre-recorded commentary available in 23 languages
- Complimentary headphones.
Know Before You Go
Route Schedule and Timings
The schedule for the Red Route is as follows:
- 1) Heroes’ Square (First Bus: 9:00 AM | Last Bus: 5:00 PM)
- 2) Keleti Railway Station (First Bus: 9:10 AM | Last Bus: 5:10 PM)
- 3) Hotel Hungaria (First Bus: 9:13 AM | Last Bus: 5:13 PM)
- 4) New York Cafe (First Bus: 9:17 AM | Last Bus: 5:17 PM)
- 5) Astoria (First Bus: 9:23 AM | Last Bus: 5:23 PM)
- 6) Vaci Street (First Bus: 9:25 AM | Last Bus: 5:25 PM)
- 7) Castle Garden (First Bus: 9:31 AM | Last Bus: 5:31 PM)
- 8) Castle Funicular (First Bus: 9:10 AM | Last Bus: 5:33 PM)
- 9) Batthyany Square (First Bus: 9:15 AM | Last Bus: 5:38 PM)
- 10) Margaret Bridge (First Bus: 9:20 AM | Last Bus: 5:43 PM)
- 11) Nyugati Railway Station (First Bus: 9:28 AM | Last Bus: 5:51 PM)
- 12) Parliament (First Bus: 9:31 AM | Last Bus: 5:54 PM)
- 13) Basilica (First Bus: 9:33 AM | Last Bus: 5:56 PM)
- 14) Chain Bridge (First Bus: 9:00 AM | Last Bus: 6:03 PM)
- 15) River Cruise (First Bus: 9:05 AM | Last Bus: 6:08 PM)
- 16) Great Market Hall (First Bus: 9:11 AM | Last Bus: 18:14 PM)
- 17) National Museum (First Bus: 9:14 AM | Last Bus: 6:17 PM)
- 18) Kiraly Street (First Bus: 9:22 AM | Last Bus: 6:25 PM)
- 19) Big Bus Customer Service Centre (First Bus: 9:25 AM | Last Bus: 6:28 PM)
- 20) Opera (First Bus: 9:27 AM | Last Bus: 6:30 PM)
- 21) Octagon/Liszt Ferenc Square (First Bus: 9:29 AM | Last Bus: 6:32 PM)
The tour duration varies depending on your selected route. The frequency of buses is every 20-30 minutes.
The cruise departs from the dock at Stop #11 and lasts for approximately 75 minutes.
This ticket includes a complimentary walking tour of the city. The Pest tour is scheduled to begin at 11:00 at Stop #19. It lasts for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
This audio guide is available in 23 languages, which are: English, German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, Danish, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Romanian, Croatian, Dutch and Norwegian.
This tour is wheelchair accessible.
Super-Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Had a fabulous time! Went during the offseason so there was ample room on the bus
Friendly staff, clean bus and value for money. Saw the main attractions as well!
Good way to get around the city. The boat trip and the walking tour were an added bonus!
How To Redeem Your Ticket
Your mobile tickets will be sent to you shortly. You can show your ticket either on the bus or to any staff member at the stop. A receipt will be given saying that you can access the Hop-On, Hop-Off tour at any stop/bus on that day. You may start your tour from any of the stops on the route.
The tickets can be used on any day within 6 months of the date of purchase. Once the ticket is activated upon being redeemed at any stop, you have two days to use the ticket.
Jewish Quarter, Budapest