Guided Tour of Duomo Monumental Complex with Duomo Museum
Tour the Piazza del Duomo and experience 1500 years of culture and history. Discover the numerous treasures housed within these monuments with commentary from a professional guide. Bypass the snaking queues and spend more time enjoying the stunning architecture and works of art!
- Delve into the history and culture of Florence on this comprehensive guided tour of Piazza del Duomo.
- Enjoy priority access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the St. John's Baptistery and the Museum of the Works of the Cathedral.
- Bask in the beauty of some of the greatest works of art by eminent artists and sculptors of Florence.
- A tour group of 20-25 guests or fewer guarantees an intimate experience
- Priority access to the monuments during the guided visit
- Assistance at the Meeting Point
- Museum entrance ticket valid 72 hours for the Duomo Complex Monuments
- Visit to Florence Cathedral and the St. John's Baptistery
- Professional guide
- Tour group of 20-25 guests
- Access to Dome and Terraces
- Hotel Transfers
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd of verschoven worden.
why you shouldn’t miss this
Located in the historic center of Florence, Piazza del Duomo is one of the most visited regions in Europe and the most visited area of Florence. The Santa Maria del Fiore is the 3rd largest church in the world. Its dome, unlike those of other prominent cathedrals, was constructed in brick and is the largest brick dome very made. Giotto’s Bell Tower is a notable example of Florentine Gothic architecture and is one of the visually stunning structures in Italy.
The Baptistery of St. John is one of the oldest buildings of Florence and was built in the early 12 century. Its Florentine Romanesque architecture makes it stand out amongst the other structures of the Duomo Complex. The St. John’s Baptistery, Giotto’s Campanile and Santa Maria del Fiore together are located in the Piazza del Duomo and are part of UNESCO World Heritage Site covering part of Florence.
You will go on a comprehensive tour of the Duomo Complex. You will begin your tour at the St. John’s Baptistery. The magnificent mosaic covered interior of the dome is in gleaming gold and has beautiful paintings on it. The exterior is covered in the exquisite white-grey Carrara marble with a distinct and eye-catching green Prato marble inlay. Next is a visit to Giotto’s Bell Tower. The multicolored campanile is made of red, white and green marble is undoubtedly the most beautiful in Italy.
The secrets of the Brunelleschi’s Dome will be revealed to you by the guide. Next on the itinerary is the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral. The Gothic elements are visible throughout the structure, and the marble panels with different shades of pink and green, with a border made of white marble give it a majestic look. The interiors of the church are lavish, with frescoes adorning the inside of the dome and one of the greatest examples of stained glass artwork on display. You will then visit the Opera del Duomo Museum. The most important treasures are stored here, and you can see the original doors of the Florence Baptistery. Works of art by eminent sculptors like Nanni di Banco can be seen.
know before you go
- Please note that upon request, you may need to show appropriate documentation proving children's age if you buy child tickets.
The tour runs for an hour and a half at 12 PM, daily, except on Sunday.
Ages 0-6yrs go free. Ages 7-14yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Access to places of worship is allowed only if equipped with suitable clothing: entry is forbidden if you're wearing shorts, anything that leaves you with bare shoulders, sandals, hats, and sunglasses.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your host
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets please show your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs
- The meeting point is at Piazza San Giovanni 7, internal courtyard of Antica Canonica di San Giovanni
- Your assistant will be waiting for you in the internal courtyard wearing blue clothing with CAF Tour Gray Line Florence logos
- To locate your meeting point on google maps, type - Piazza di San Giovanni
- By Bus: The nearest bus station is Roma Duomo which a minute away from the meeting point
- By Taxi: Ask to be dropped off at Piazza di San Giovanni which is located behind the Baptistery of St. John