Small Group Normandy D-Day Battlefields & Landing Beaches Day Trip From Paris
Embark on a historical tour of Normandy’s World War II landing sites. Feel the pulse of all that happened on D-Day as you visit the battle sites of La Pointe du Hoc, the American Cemetary and Longues-sur-Mer, along with an expert guide!
- Spend a day visiting the battle sites and landing beaches, part of Normandy’s D-Day
- Visit La Pointe du Hoc, the American Cemetery and Longues-sur-Mer, that still retains its original guns in situ
- Step back in time as your expert guide tells you about the events that unfolded on June 6, 1944
- Admission ticket to Caen Peace Memorial
- Admission ticket to Overlord Museum
- Expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel transfers
- Food and drinks
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 72 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Take a walk through historical World War II sites on this tour. Meet your driver-guide, and get started on your journey to the beaches of Normandy in a comfortable air-conditioned minibus. Your first stop is at La Pointe du Hoc, a promontory with 100-foot high cliffs overlooking the English Channel, where 225 United States Rangers landed on the morning of June 6, 1944. Even though it was strongly fortified with concrete casemates and gun pits by the German army, the US army captured it by scaling the cliffs. Your guide will give you some time here to soak in the somber vibes of this location.
Next, visit the Colleville sur Mer American Cemetery which overlooks Omaha Beach. The site contains over 9,000 perfectly aligned white crosses and a memorial chapel, dedicated to American troops who died in Europe during World War II. Spend some time in this moving space, reflecting on the price of war.
The other World War II locations that you will see are Arromanches with its remnants of the artificial harbor (Mulberry Bridge), Longues-sur-Mer and the German artillery battery, the only one in Normandy to retain all its original guns in situ. At the end of your tour you will get to see the Caen Peace Memorial, a place dedicated to the history of the twentieth century, and to remind us all of the fragility of peace.
know before you go
know before you go
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Since this tour operates in all weather conditions, make sure to dress accordingly
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
Ages 2yrs and below go free. Ages 3-11yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at Lido de Paris 116 Av. des Champs-Élysées, 75008 Paris, France
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Lido de Paris
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The nearest subway station is ‘George V,’ located directly across from the meeting point
- Line 1 (yellow line) will get you here
- The nearest bus stop is ‘George V,’ located two minutes from the meeting point
- Bus #73, N11 & N24 will get you here
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout