Wawel Castle, Cathedral and Rynek Underground Museum: Guided Tour with Lunch
Immerse yourself in the best of Krakow's history: see Wawel Castle and Cathedral, explore the market square and enter an underground museum. All this, in the company of a friendly, local guide!
- Trace the footsteps of Polish royalty as you visit Wawel Castle, once the residence of Polish kings.
- Listen to your expert English-speaking guide regale fascinating stories about the region.
- Explore the castle complex on the banks of the Vistula River, in the company of a local guide.
- Stroll through the market square and discover how Krakow developed through the Middle Ages.
- Enter the Rynek Underground Museum and see everything from old coins and clothing to automated puppet performances!
- Expert English-speaking guide
- A ticket to the State Rooms (Wawel Castle)
- A ticket to the Wawel Cathedral
- A ticket to the Rynek Underground Museum
- Lunch (without drinks)
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 24 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Once the home of Polish kings and a symbol of statehood, the Wawel Castle became one of the country's most celebrated museums in 1930. Take a look around this historic site with your expert English-speaking guide and learn fascinating trivia about it. The first UNESCO World Heritage Site in the world, today, it houses an impressive collection of paintings, sculptures, fabrics, military items, porcelain, and furniture. A walk through the chambers grants you views of the famous tapestries of Zygmunt August and splendid Renaissance Italian paintings from the Lanckoronski collection. A highlight here is the Wawel collection of Eastern art, which contains the largest collection of tents in Europe. In the permanent exhibitions, see recreated rooms from the Renaissance and Baroque periods. As you explore all of this, your expert local guide will fill you in on fascinating bits of history. You will also get entry into the enormous 900-year-old Wawel Cathedral, which traditionally has served as the coronation site of the Polish monarchs.
Then, you will get to walk around the market square, which has been the central square of Krakow for nearly 800 years. This is where Krakow merchants made their fortunes, and where the kings paraded to get to their castle. If you look closely, you might spot the most interesting traces of history right here at Market Square. Your guide will point these out to you, before taking you to 4 meters underground to the Rynek Underground Museum, where you can follow a trail of remarkable exhibits in what is essentially an archaeological site. You'll see here how the market square was laid out, automated puppet performances, and even the remains of an 11th-century cemetery replete with 'vampire prevention burials!'
know before you go
know before you go
Wed and Fri at 11:30 AM.
Infants aged 0-6 go for free. Children aged 7-17 and students aged 18-26 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at plac Świętej Marii Magdaleny.
- A guide with a sign "excursions.city" will be waiting for you at St. Mary Magdalene square, at the Monument to Piotr Skarga.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
The closest tram stop is Wawel, a 2-min walk to the meeting point. Trams #8, 10, 13 & 18 will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.