Parliament with Afternoon Tea
Explore the beating heart of British democracy in this guided tour of the many halls and galleries of Westminster Palace. For the cherry on top, end your tour with traditional English afternoon tea on the terraces of the Palace overlooking the Thames, where you will gain fascinating insight into the grand architecture of Westminster.
- Experience the Palace of Westminster in all its grandeur with a full tour from a local expert guide.
- Wander through and learn about the many rooms of the Palace, such as Westminster Hall, the House of Commons, the House of Lords, the Division Lobbies, the Queen’s Robing Room, and more.
- End the tour on the terraces overlooking the river Thames where you’ll enjoy a full English afternoon tea including cakes, scones, petit fours, and steaming pots of tea.
- Parliament tickets
- Fully guided tour inside Westminster Palace
- Small Groups of 20 people
- Afternoon Tea
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd of verschoven worden.
Encounter the Grandiose Tradition and History of British Democracy
On this guided tour through Westminster Palace, you will have the opportunity to discover the Parliament in an unrivaled manner. Your tour begins at the sepulchral Westminster Hall, the host to state functions and dignitaries from all across the world for nearly a millenium. Your local expert guide will show you the grand medieval roof made from 600 ancient oak trees, and he will introduce your small group to the Palace and its many functions and rooms.
Wandering through the building, you will come to learn the rich and variegated history of the Palace, making stops in famous rooms like the Queen’s Robing Room, where the Queen dons her crown before opening Parliament each year. Then, you’ll head into two of the most unique rooms in the building: the Division Lobbies. It’s in these rooms that the opposing sides gather before a parliamentary vote, the ‘Ayes’ in one room, the ‘Noes’ in another, and are then counted as they leave.
From there you will head into the two magnificent rooms that are the highlights of the tour: the Chamber of the House of Commons, and the Chamber of the House of Lords. Standing inside these rooms, you will be steeped in the history, lore, and traditions that help keep the country on its feet, while also admiring the beautiful frescoes and stained glass that adorn the room and add to its grandeur.
Relish Some Ceremonial Afternoon Tea on the Terraces of the Palace.
Finally, at the end of the tour, we have a special treat lined up for you. You’ll be sitting down on the Terraces of the Palace of Westminster overlooking the river for a scrumptious afternoon tea including cakes, scones, sandwiches, and petit fours. Here, you can take in the stunning views up and down the river and get a great look at the outside of the Palace of Westminster.
Witness how tradition and history come to life in this unparalleled walk through the cradle of British democracy, as past and present mingle to produce the true British experience.
Royal Staircase | Norman Porch | Queen’s Robing Room | Royal Gallery | Prince’s Chamber | Chamber of the House of Commons | Chamber of the House of Lords | Westminster Hall | Division Lobbies
know before you go
- Photography is not permitted inside the Houses of Parliament.
- Please note that for security reasons, airport-style bag searches will take place at the Houses of Parliament.
- Please inform us of any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Timings and Availability
This guided tour is 3 hours 30 minutes long and begins at 1:30 PM. You must meet up with your guide at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour, i.e. 1:15 PM. Availability is as follows:
- 01 April 2019 - 19 April 2019: Wednesdays, Saturdays
- 20 April 2019 - 31 July 2019: Saturdays
- 01 August 2019 - 31 August 2019: Wednesdays, Saturdays
- 01 September 2019 - 31 October 2019: Saturdays
- Known Blackout Dates: 03 April 2019, 20 April 2019
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in English.
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground in 3 hours, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
Unfortunately, due to stairways and limited elevator access, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Parliament tour mobile voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You may display the voucher on your mobile device with a valid photo ID to your guide at the meeting point.
The meeting point is located in front of the Winston Churchill statue, Parliament Square, Westminster. There are 12 statues within Parliament Square. The Winston Churchill statue is the largest and is located on the northeast corner of the square, closest to Big Ben. The closest underground station is Westminster.
You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. Should you head directly to the Palace with your confirmation voucher, you will not be given entry.