- Catch the smash-hit musical Mamma Mia at the renowned Dubai Opera.
- Get a chance to see one of the longest-running West End shows, as it arrives in Dubai!
- Enjoy some of ABBA’s chart-topping hits, including ‘Super Trouper’, ‘Money, Money, Money, and of course, ‘Mamma Mia’
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd of verschoven worden.
what to expect
What is Mamma Mia Dubai
Mamma Mia is a smash-hit musical that debuted at West End in 1999. It was met with critical acclaim on its release and quickly became a crowd favorite.
Mamma Mia is based on the songs of the world-famous Swedish pop group ABBA. The name is taken from the group’s chart-topping single, ‘Mamma Mia’. ABBA composers Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson were involved in the development of the original West End show right from the beginning. Producer Judy Craymer met songwriters of Anderssen and Ulvaeus in 1983, before finally commissioning Catherine Johnson to write the book, and Phyllida Lloyd to direct the first show.
Why Watch Mamma Mia Dubai
Since its debut in 1999, over 65 million people have watched Mamma Mia, with the show has grossed $4 billion cumulatively. It is the 7th longest-running show in West End history, in addition to having featured in over 50 productions across the world. The show debuted on Broadway in 2001 and ran until September 2015, which made it the 8th longest-running show in Broadway history. The show has been celebrated for its feminist undertones, with strong female protagonists. This is the first time Mamma Mia will be opening at the Dubai Opera in celebration of the 22 years since the musical first premiered on London's West End.
Expect to listen to some of ABBA’s best-known hits, such as ‘Take a Chance on Me’, ‘Lay All Your Love on Me’, ‘Super Trouper’, ‘Money, Money, Money, and of course, ‘Mamma Mia’. The original show was also nominated for the 2002 Grammy Awards, for the Best Musical theater album, and for Best New Musical at the 2000 Laurence Olivier Awards.
know before you go
13 Sept - 22 Sept 2021
- Mon-Sat: 8 PM
- Fri & Sat matinee: 2 PM and 8 PM
Tickets start from AED 295
How To Get To Mamma Mia Dubai
- Mamma Mia Dubai will take place at the Dubai Opera, Downtown Dubai, Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard.
- By Metro: Get off at Burj Khalifa Station using the Red Line. Take the walkway going towards Dubai Opera from the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard. The destination is a 25-minute walk from the station.
- By Bus: Get off at the Dubai Mall Metro Station stop, and take the walkway towards Dubai Opera, along the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard. The destination is a 25-minute walk from the stop.
Things to See Around Mamma Mia Dubai
Mamma Mia Dubai is all set to take place at the Dubai Opera. Some nearby attractions that you cannot miss are detailed below.
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall is the world’s largest mall by total land area, with a retail floor area of over 500,000 square meters. PArt of the 20-billion dollar downtown complex of Dubai, it was the world’s most visited building in 2011, and is currently one of the most visited buildings in the world! The mall houses more than 1200 stores, and includes some stunning attractions such as the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, VR Park Dubai, Rainforest Cafe, Hysteria haunted house, KidZania entertainment theme park, and more! For shopping lovers, this is the ultimate destination.
Renowned for being the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa is an icon of Dubai, and one of the most popular attractions in the world. Made of reinforced concrete, the structure stands at a towering 829.8 meters and has a total of 163 floors. The Burj Khalifa is the centerpiece to the Downtown Dubai complex and was designed by the renowned American architect, Adrian Smith of Skidmore, Owings, & Merrill. It has two observation decks, on the 124th and 148th floors, offering stunning views of the city. The building is surrounded by a 27-acre park that features numerous smaller attractions.
Located on the 30-acre man-made Burj Khalifa Lake, the Dubai Fountain is a choreographed fountain system. It features over 50 colored projectors and 6600 lights, shooting water up to a height of 500 feet. The fountain can spray nearly 83,000 liters of water into the air at any given moment. In the evenings, a spectacular light show awaits guests, with numerous patterns and combinations of light on the water. The powerful lights emit a beam that can be seen from over 20 miles away. The light show is absolutely breathtaking to see in person, and is a must-see for anyone visiting Dubai!
The Green Planet
The Green Planet is Dubai’s largest indoor tropical rainforest and is home to over 3000 species of exotic floral and fauna. It is divided into 4 different forest levels, with each level focusing on a different experience for visitors. There are several exhibits that feature rare animals from across the world, including sloths, piranhas, bats, numerous reptiles, sugar gliders, and more! For nature lovers, the Green Planet is the perfect way to spend the day!
- All bags, including purses will be subject to inspection whenever guests enter or leave the exhibit.
- Outside food and alcohol cannot be carried into the exhibition.
- Photography is not permitted at the exhibition.
- Guests are required to wear a mask in all the photographs taken at the venue. Guests will be asked to delete the photos if they are to break the rule. Repeated offenses will result in them being asked to leave.
- Standing and dancing during the performance are not permitted.
- All guests and staff will undergo a mandatory temperature check on arrival at the attraction.
- Touch-free hand sanitation stations present throughout the attraction.
- All guests and staff are required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth at all times, including during the performance.
- Guests are allowed to remove their masks to consume beverages or food at the Foyers while sitting or standing at a table.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning of each floor of the venue throughout the day.
Mamma Mia Tickets: FAQs
Q: Is it safe to go for a Mamma Mia Dubai performance?
A: Yes, it is safe to go for a Mamma Mia Dubai performance. Several measures have been taken by the organizers to keep guests and visitors safe.
Q: Are children allowed into the theater for Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: Kids aged 2 and above require a ticket and are allowed into the theater. Guests aged 16 and below must be accompanied by an adult.
Q: When will latecomers be allowed into the theater for Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: Latecomers will be allowed to the theater at suitable pauses in the performance.
Q: How much do tickets to Mamma Mia Dubai cost?
A: Tickets to the Mamma Mia Dubai start from AED 295.
Q: Is Mamma Mia Dubai suitable for children?
A: Yes, Mamma Mia Dubai is suitable for children aged 3 and above.
Q: Can electronic devices such as phones and cameras be used inside the auditorium for Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: No, use of all electronic devices including cameras and phones is strictly prohibited inside the auditorium.
Q: What are the show timings of Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: Mamma Mia Dubai will play at 8:00 PM during the weekdays, and at 3:00 PM on Friday and Saturday.
Q: How long is the performance?
A: Visitors can take as long as they want to explore the massive exhibition. It takes approximately 1 hour to have a comprehensive tour of the exhibition.
Q: Is Mamma Mia Dubai wheelchair accessible?
A: Yes, Mamma Mia Dubai is wheelchair accessible by guests with reduced mobility.
Q: Where is Mamma Mia Dubai located?
A: Mamma Mia Dubai is located at Dubai Opera, Downtown Dubai, Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard.
Q: Is photography allowed at Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: Yes, photography is allowed at the Mamma Mia Dubai venue. However, note that photography is not permitted during the performance.
Q: Can outside food and drinks be carried into Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: No, outside food and drinks are not permitted into Mamma Mia Dubai.
Q: Are pets allowed into Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: No, pets are not allowed to enter Mamma Mia Dubai.
Q: Are smoking rooms available at Mamma Mia Dubai?
A: No, smoking rooms are not available at the exhibition.