Skip the line Basilica Cistern Tickets with Highlights Tour
Enjoy an informative guided tour of one of the largest ancient water cisterns in Istanbul with exclusive skip-the-line tickets!
- Skip the long lines and discover one of the most-visited museums in the city of Istanbul.
- Your expert local guide will reveal intriguing facts associated with the museum and its exhibits.
- Learn more about the Basilica Cistern’s history and the outstanding engineering prowess of the Byzantines.
- Witness the famous Hen’s Eye Column and Medusa Pillar Bases, which has featured in several Hollywood films.
- Skip-the-line entry to the Basilica Cistern
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
From Dan Brown’s wildly popular novel Inferno to the 1963 James Bond film ‘From Russia With Love’, the Basilica Cistern has always been a part of popular culture. Built during the reign of Justinian I, the cistern itself is a paragon of 6th century Byzantine architecture. As you enter this cavernous subterranean marvel, you will be greeted by a dim golden hue that glistens off the surface of the water.
As you walk on the raised wooden platforms amongst the 336 massive columns that support the structure, prepare to be enchanted by the gentle pitter-patter of water dripping from the vaulted ceiling and the ghostly outlines of carp that populate the water. The Medusa column bases in the northwest portion of the cistern are a particularly mesmerizing sight. Your guide will tell you about the various theories surrounding the mysterious origin of the two stone heads that are oriented sideways.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- The Basilica Cistern is wheelchair accessible.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your Istanbul Welcome Card tour guide, dressed in red uniform in front of the Basilica Cistern.
- Address: Alemdar, Yerebatan Cd. 1/3, 34110 Fatih/İstanbul.
- Bus: BN1 , TB2
- Train: MARMARAY
- Metro: M2
- Tram: T1
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during the booking.