Auschwitz-Birkenau: Guided Tour with Hotel Pickup from Krakow Center
Explore the history of the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp complex during this guided tour.
- Visit Auschwitz, one of the Third Reich’s infamous concentration camp complexes during WWII.
- Skip the lines at the ticket office and begin your tour in a hassle-free manner.
- Follow a licensed tour guide who will give you an in-depth historical understanding of the camp.
- The ticket includes free pick-up services from hotels located in the center of Krakow or the nearest possible pick-up location.
- Enjoy a pleasant journey from Krakow to Auschwitz in an air-conditioned minibus.
- Pick one of five languages (English, Italian, French, German, or Spanish) for your guided tour of the concentration camp.
- An expert licensed English, French, Spanish, Italian, or German-speaking guide
- Pick-up from the hotel or from the nearest possible pick-up point
- Transport by an air-conditioned minivan or minibus
- Service of an experienced driver/English-speaking tour manager
- Entry tickets
- Audio equipment rental
- Food and drinks
- Toilets located near the museum are paid
- Pick-up from the hotels located far from the center of Krakow
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 48 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Your tour begins with a 60-kilometer journey from Krakow to the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp complex. The imposing gate of Auschwitz stands in harsh contrast to the charming suburbs of Oświęcim. Counted amongst the most ghastly remnants of the Second World War, the Auschwitz-Birkenau prison complex is known for its concentration camps and extermination chambers. Between 1940 and 1944, Auschwitz remained one of the largest and most well-funded camps of the Nazi Party. On this tour, you will accompany an expert guide to explore this solemn reminder of one of history’s darkest periods. Examine the exhibits at the outdoor museum and learn more about the camp and its history from your guide. Passing by the medical experiments block and the brick barracks is a genuinely chilling experience.
Although Birkenau was just one of the 40 or so sub-camps that littered the Auschwitz complex, it quickly became infamous for its gas chambers. It is estimated that nearly a million Jews and prisoners of war were killed in Birkenau. You will spend about an hour at this sub-camp with your guide after visiting Auschwitz I. After a short educational tour of the haunting place, you will meet your driver again and head back to Krakow.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Visitors are required to wear a face mask at all times during the tour and the bus ride.
- Guests are expected to maintain a minimum degree of social distancing while interacting with their guide and fellow guests.
- The vehicle is regularly sanitized.
- Temperature checks may be mandatory before entry to the Auschwitz camp.
- Note: As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking Entry may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering.
- As visitors will be visiting a former extermination camp, all visitors are expected to commemorate the dead and adjust their clothing and behavior to reflect the solemnness of the site.
- The maximum bag size allowed inside the museum is 30x20x10 cm.
- All sightseeing within the camp can only be done in the company of a licensed guide.
- The toilets located close to the museum are paid.
- The terrain is not level throughout. Some of the trails can get muddy during the rains, and it is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Dress code: The museum is located in an open area, so please take into account possible weather changes. It is recommended to wear appropriate clothes, as well as clothing items protecting from different weather conditions such as rain, cold, sun, etc.
- Pick-up is possible from the hotels located in the center of Cracow. If your hotel location is in an area beyond this or in an area with limited traffic/accessibility, then you will be picked up from the nearest possible pickup place. The exact location and pickup time will be provided to you by the tour operator at least a day before your scheduled tour.
The Museum is open all year long, seven days a week, except January 1, December 25, and Easter Sunday. These are the museum timings:
- Jan, Nov - 8am to 3pm
- Feb - 8am to 4pm
- Mar, Oct - 8am to 5pm
- Apr, May, Sept - 8am to 6pm
- Jun, Jul, Aug - 8am to 7pm
- Dec - 8am to 2pm
The Museum may also be closed temporarily during official state visits, ceremonies, etc.
- Guided Tours: 8am, 9am, or 10am.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive at least 5 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- Pick-up is possible from the hotels located in the center of Krakow. If your hotel location is in an area beyond this or in an area with limited traffic/accessibility, then you will be picked up from the nearest possible pickup place. The exact location and pickup time will be provided to you by the tour operator at least a day before your scheduled tour.
- On the day of the tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.