Bratislava: Day Trip from Vienna by Bus and Boat Tickets
Discover the top attractions of Bratislava with a professional local guide by your side. Enjoy a hassle-free transfer from Vienna to Bratislava, and a thrilling superfast boat ride back to Vienna!
- Visit the beautiful city of Bratislava and see some of its most famous attractions.
- Travel in the comfort of an air-conditioned bus from Vienna to Bratislava.
- Go on an entertaining guided walk through the historic city center of the Slokovian capital.
- Sightsee Michael's Gate with the famous onion dome, and the Maximilian Fountain, the most renowned fountain in the city.
- Explore one of the oldest stone buildings in the city - the City Hall.
- Enjoy some free time to shop, relax, or explore the city further after your guided tour.
- Take an unforgettable boat tour back to Vienna from Bratislava and see the cities from a unique perspective.
- Bus trip by modern bus from Vienna to Bratislava
- English or German guided city walk in Bratislava
- Boat trip back to Vienna by catamaran "Twin City Liner"
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Your experience will start at the Vienna State Opera, where you will get on board the bus. Enjoy a relaxing 1-hour journey in the comfort of an air-conditioned bus.
On reaching Bratislava, you will meet your tour guide. You will start off with a walking tour through the city center. The first stop on the tour is the 18th-century Plague Column. You will then walk through the pedestrian area of the old city, and reach the stunning National Theater. Built in the Neo-Renaissance style, the theater was first constructed in 1920 and is one of the iconic landmarks of the city. You will see some more tourist attractions, such as the City Hall, the Maximillian Fountain, and Michael’s Gate with the unique onion dome. The final stop is at St. Martin’s Cathedral, which was the crowning area of numerous Hungarian kings over the years. After this, you have free time to enjoy lunch and explore the city by yourself.
The journey back to Vienna is another exciting part of the tour. You will travel on a high-speed catamaran, and enjoy a memorable journey back to Vienna. Travel along the beautiful river landscape and go past the Donauauen national park.
know before you go
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- English-Guided City Walk
- German-Guided City Walk
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Contactless payments and online bookings are required.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Check the current entry requirements of the Slovak Republic both when making your booking and immediately before the start of the booked day trip, as well as the current entry requirements for Austria in connection with your return journey. You are responsible for compliance with these provisions.
- Please wear comfortable shoes since there is a considerable amount of walking on this tour.
- In summer, it is recommended you bring along a hat.
- Please bring along your passport since you will be crossing countries during this tour.
- The city walk is guided by an expert tour guide. The rest of the tour is non-guided.
Sat and Sun: 8:30am onwards
Infants under 1 can go for free. Children aged 2-12 enjoy reduced price tickets (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the redemption point.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets at Vienna State Opera.
- Address: Staatsoper, Opernring 2, 1010 Wien.
- Here, you will board the bus to Bratislava.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Vienna State Opera.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Oper/Karlsplatz U.
- The station is just a minute away from the meeting/redemption point.
- Bus #N60 will get you there.
- You can board the boat back to Vienna at Pontoon HUMA 6.
- Address: Razus Embankment, Rázusovo nábrežie 811 02 Bratislava.
Get Directions to the Departure Dock
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.