Avila and Salamanca in one day from Madrid
Tour the majestic city of Toledo and witness some of its most famous attractions including the Santo Tome Church, the Jewish Quarter, and the Mirador del Valle. This guided tour includes authentic Spanish lunch along with tickets to Sinagoga de Santa Maria la Blanca, the Santo Tome, and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Travel from Madrid to Toledo and back in a comfortable bus and enjoy a delicious traditional lunch during the tour.
- Explore the magnificent Santo Tomé Church and marvel at El Greco's most famous masterpiece El entierro del conde de Orgaz (The Burial of the Count of Orgaz).
- Explore the Sinagoga de Santa Maria la Blanca, the oldest synagogue building in Europe still standing.
- Learn more about the famous and oldest Jewish Quarter and Mirador del Valle which offers you an unparalleled view of the city.
- Transport from the meeting point.
- Traditional lunch.
- Guided tour in English or Spanish.
- Entry tickets to the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, the church of Santo Tome, and the Sinagoga de Santa Maria la Blanca.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Optional tips.
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
why you shouldn’t miss this
why you shouldn’t miss this
Toledo’s rich history can be largely attributed to the confluence of three different religions, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, that dominated the city in different eras. Each ruling group contributed its fair share to the culture and architecture of the ‘Imperial City’. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986 owing to its large collection of historical monuments. The city served as the seat of the Holy Roman Empire under Charles V before the fall of Rome. The Visigoths and Arabs ruled over the city for a few centuries until the Christian Reconquista in 1085. The Santa Maria la Blanca is one of the most unique synagogues in Europe. It was commissioned by the Christian Kingdom of Castile and built by Islamic Architects for Jewish use. Since then, it has stood in Toledo as a symbol of cultural diversity and acceptance. The Jewish Quarter was one of the richest areas in the 12th and 13th centuries. It was primarily inhabited by the jews of the middle ages who lived in peace and harmony with Christians and Muslims. The Santo Tome of Toledo is another historic monument that is frequented by tourists. It is famous for housing the legendary painting The Burial of the Count of Orgaz by El Greco. There is much to see and do in Toledo, a city that has truly stood the test of time and remained one of the prime examples of cultural unity in Europe.
You will travel to Toledo from the pick-up point in Madrid in a comfortable bus. Your bilingual guide will introduce you to Toledo and give you an overview of its history before you enter the city. Walk through the ancient city and take in the amazing sights all around you. Begin by visiting the Alcazar and the Cathedral. Admire the main facade as you learn about the Alcazar and how it was used over the centuries. The Santo Tome Church is next on the iterianery. Marvel at the incredible works of art inside the church before moving on to the Jewish Quarter. Walk through the maze of narrow alleyways and find out more about how the Jews influenced the city’s culture. The Santa Maria la Blanca is an intriguing structure with a rich past. Visit the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes and Mirador del Valle before breaking for a traditional lunch at the Dehesa de Majazul Restaurant. You will be free to explore Toledo by yourself for a while before returning to Madrid in the tour bus.
know before you go
know before you go
The Full Day Tour to Toledo with Traditional Lunch begins at the meeting point at 7:45 AM. The duration of the tour is approximately 9 hours.
This tour is available every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. During the high season, this tour operates on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at The Plaza Las Ventas next to Metro Ventas exit C / Julio Camba.
- Address: C. de Alcalá, 237, 28028 Madrid, Spain.
- The closest bus stop is Puente Calero. It is a quick 5-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board bus 21 to get you there.
- The closest metro station is Ventas. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board metros 2 and 5 to get you there.