Tickets for Diamond Museum Amsterdam
Undertake a glittering journey through 400 years of diamond history at Europe's only diamond museum.
- Find out how Amsterdam earned the nickname "City of Diamonds".
- See a stunningly impressive collection of diamond artifacts.
- Attempt a daring diamond heist in the new Laser Room.
- Discover the smallest diamond ever cut.
- Learn what it takes for a diamond to reach the final impeccable stage.
- See skilled goldsmiths and stone polishers craft magnificent pieces of jewelry.
- Entrance to the Diamant Museum and adjacent Coster Diamonds
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Situated in a 19th-century monumental building, Amsterdam's Diamond Museum has to be on the bucket list for everyone who is fascinated by one of the most valuable precious stones in the world. Here, you will embark on a journey that starts right below the surface of the Earth and ends as a symbol of wealth and power on a person.
Along with learning how diamonds are formed and processed, you will be able to admire some of the best collections of diamond artifacts including replica tiaras and crowns. Some of the most noteworthy artifacts include the smallest diamond ever cut, the Katana (Japanese sword) of Murano glass that is adorned with 1967 diamonds and 494 rubies, and the famous Ape Skull. Bedecked with 17,000 beautiful diamonds, it takes inspiration from Damien Hirst's sculpture of a diamond-encrusted human skull.
The Diamond Heist
Why just admire the diamonds from afar when you can steal one? Enter a dark room and try to reach the biggest diamond you have ever seen. But it's not going to be so easy - first, you have to maneuver past the smoke and laser beams that will go off if you touch one. Visit this incredible museum to get an experience of a diamond robbery in a setting akin to escape rooms.
the permanent collection
The key highlights of the Diamond Museum's permanent collection include -
- The 19th-century building - Admire the quaint elements such as stained glass windows and tall ceilings as you learn all about diamonds.
- Origin of diamonds - Find out how and why diamonds are mined, and where they come from in a fun and interactive way.
- Rough diamonds - See how very unlike rough diamonds look from the beloved sparkling stones we know.
- The 4 C's - Find out the 4 C's used to determine the valuation of a diamond.
- The craft of diamond polishing - Discover the traditional tools once used by professional diamond polishers.
- The City of Diamonds - Discover how Amsterdam came to be the world's diamond capital.
- Diamonds in jewelry - Be blown away by the museum's collection of Royal diamond jewelry.
- International Crown Collection - Explore a special exhibition dedicated to crowns and tiaras from all over the world.
- Art & Diamonds - Discover exclusive objects, other than jewelry, that are completely set in diamonds.
- The Glamour Room - Experience what it feels like to be inside a diamond in the last room of the museum.
- The House of Oranje-Nassau - Explore a magnificent collection of 350+ year old jewels, amassed by the various generations of the Dutch Dynasty of Oranje-Nassau.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Everyone aged 13 or older must show a COVID Certificate. Children under 13 are not required to show a COVID Certificate (coronavirus entry pass or green pass) before entering the museum.
- At the entrance, the staff will ask to show the COVID Certificate via a QR-code in the CoronaCheck app or via a printed corona certificate. You are also required to show a valid ID. EU visitors can show their European Digital COVID Certificate (EU DCC) on their own COVID app.
Visitors from Non-EU Countries
To enter the museum only the European Digital Corona Certificate (EU DCC) will be accepted as a valid COVID Certificate. For visitors outside of the EU, it is necessary to get a (free) negative test result in order to receive the EU DCC.
- The museum operates daily.
- Time slots are available every half hour from 9am to 5pm.
- This ticket includes all the parts of the attraction.
- The attraction provides accessibility for pregnant women.
- Cloakroom facility is available.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is allowed.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must carry a valid student ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at: Diamond Museum Amsterdam.
- Address: Paulus Potterstraat 8, 1071 CZ Amsterdam, Netherlands.
By Public Transport
- The attraction is within easy walking distance of several tram and bus stops.
- Trams #2, #5, and #12, or buses #347, #357, and #397 will bring you here.
By Car or Tour Bus
There is a parking garage available opposite the Royal Music Hall (Concertgebouw). For tour buses, the entrance is located directly in front of the Diamond Museum.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.