Skip The Line - Early Picasso Museum & Gothic Tour with Breakfast at Palau de la Música
Go on a walking tour through Barcelona's history as seen through the eyes of the renowned painter, Pablo Picasso. Visit important sights such as the Royal Square, Cathedral of Barcelona, Santa Maria del Mar and much more accompanied by a bilingual guide. Top off the tour with a delicious breakfast at Palau de la Musica.
- Discover the history of Barcelona, from the Roman era all the way up to the 20th Century, on this early morning tour of the city as seen through Picasso's eyes.
- Accompanied by a bilingual tour guide who speaks Spanish and English, enjoy prime Barcelona sights, including El Born, where you will visit the Picasso Museum.
- Tuck into a delectable breakfast at Palau de la Musica, a former market area that has fascinating archaeological remnants from the 14th Century.
- Bilingual guide.
- Guided walking tour of the Gothic quarter.
- Entrance and guided visit to the Picasso Museum.
- Guided walking tour of Barri Born.
- Guided tour outside of Palau de la Música Catalana. (Optional)
- Local breakfast in the Palau de la Musica. (Optional)
- Entrance to Barcelona Cathedral and to the basilica of Santa Maria del Mar.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this tour up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Discover the History of Barcelona Through Picasso's Eyes
Begin your walking tour from the well-known Ramblas of Barcelona that leads towards the Royal Square, where the old convent of Santa Madrona was located. You will then head towards Sant Jaume square, which was the seat of the local government back in medieval times, and is still functioning at present. Stroll past narrow cobbled streets till you get to the Cathedral of Barcelona, which is where the King's Square or plaça del Rei remains standing over what used to be the Roman city of Barcino.
Visit El Born and the Picasso Museum
At El Born, you will first visit Santa Maria del Mar, a basilica that dates back to the 14th Century. Walk down the narrow streets to find the Picasso Museum, which is nestled away in this neighborhood. The museum is home to some very important artwork from his early life when he was studying art, and you will go on a guided visit of the museum as well.
Breakfast at Palau de la Musica (Optional)
Top off your tour with a visit to the old market in Palau de la Musica. Enjoy the different archaeological remains from the 14th Century all around you as you tuck into some delectable food with a local breakfast.
know before you go
- It is recommended not to carry backpacks. If you take them you must leave them at the box office to access the museum.
- Not recommended for children under 3 years, as it is a walking tour of more than 2 hours.
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than 5 people.
Breakfast Options (Optional)
- Salty option: mini sandwich (cold meat or cheese) and a drink (soft drink, coffee or juice).
- Sweet option: croissant or “ensaimada” and a drink (coffee or tea).
This tour is available at different schedules during different times of the year
23rd March - 31st October: The tour runs daily, except Monday and Sunday.
1st November - 31st March: The tour runs on Friday and Saturday.
The tour departs according to the following timings:
Until 31st March: this tour departs at 8:30 AM / From 1st April: this tour departs at 08:15 AM
Please arrive in time for the check-in, which will take place 15 minutes before the tour departure time.
With breakfast: 3 hours approx.
Without breakfast: 2 hours approx
The tour begins at 8:30 AM. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
Reduced Price Tickets
Discounted rates are available for children between the age of 6 - 10.
23rd March - 31st October: The tour runs in English on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. The tour runs in Spanish and English on Thursday and Saturday.
1st November- 31st March: The tour runs in Spanish and English on Friday and Saturday.
Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour, please be ready and we recommend wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the tickets on your mobile device at the meeting point on the day of the tour.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is - Julià Travel Tours & Tickets , Carrer de Sardenya, 311, 08025 Barcelona, Spain.
- The Julia office is located south-west of Sagrada Familia, at the junction of Carrer de Sardenya and Carrer de Provenca.
- Your guide will be standing outside the Julia Travel Office.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Julià Travel Tours & Tickets.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- By Subway : The Sagrada Familia Subway Station is a 1 minute walk from the meeting point. Exit from the Carrer de Sardenya side and you will find the Julia Office right across the road.
- By Bus : Mallorca. 367 (Stop ID: 9613) and Mallorca Marina ( Stop ID : 1297) are the closest bus stops to your meeting point. They are each a 4 min walk from Julià Travel Tours & Tickets.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Barcelona click here.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.