Experience Venice at your own pace on this unique multilingual self-guided tour. Explore Murano, Burano and Torcello Island with the help of a handy app that will help you discover the city and all its attractions autonomously without ever getting lost.
- Go on a self-guided adventure and enjoy access to an app that shows you how to explore the islands with automatic narration, that will allow you to learn about all the attractions on your own, without ever getting lost.
- Explore the islands of Murano, which is known for its glass making factories, Burano, which is full of colorful fishermen’s houses and is famous for lace-making and check out lovely Byzantine churches and some of the oldest islands in the lagoon at Torcello, all using public boats.
- The app is accessible in five languages: English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish, and the narration will last for a duration of approximately 8 hours.
- You can go on the tour as many times as you want, at whatever time you please and, since the app runs on GPS, you don’t have to worry about losing any data.
- Self-guided tour.
- A mobile app, containing pictures, audio description, and details of up to 30 attractions.
- Public boat ticket for 24 hours.
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Discover Venice Through a Handy App
You can explore the city on your own, in any which way you please, giving you complete flexibility in terms of when and how you explore the islands. The app will give you details of all the attractions as you visit them and will help you navigate your way around the islands so you will never get lost as long as you have it. Due to the fact that you can use the app for commentary and narration, you can go on the tour at any time you please and as many times as you want. You can use it in 5 languages: English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Explore the Numerous Islands in the Lagoon
You can check out Murano, Burano, and Torcello. These are traditional places among the northern islands of the Venetian Lagoon. It is recommended that you use public boats to move around. You will arrive at Murano after you cruise past locations like the beautiful island of San Giorgio Maggiore, the public gardens, the famous beach resort, Lido, and the end of Sant’Elena. Murano is best known for its glass manufacturing industries. You can visit one of the factories here to learn about this local marvel. Next on the list is the scenic island of Burano. It is known for its excellent lace and numerous multi-colored fisherman’s houses, it truly is the perfect place to stop for a photo opp and capture memories of your vibrant trip to the islands of the lagoon. The last place you can explore is the calm and serene island of Torcello, the initial center of civilization in the estuary; it has lost none of it's charm over the decades.
This tour is truly one-of-a-kind and allows you to discover the beautiful city of Venice in your own, unique way.
know before you go
know before you go
Chiesa dei Santi Maria e Donato | Cometa di Vetro | Chiesa di San Pietro Martire | Torre dell'Orologio | Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angeli | Faro di Murano | Palazzo da Mula | Palazzo Giustinian/Museo del Vetro | Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara Murano | Chiesa San | Martino Vescovo | Museo del Merletto | Bepi's House | Piazza Baldassarre Galuppi | Tre Ponti | Ponte del Diavolo | Basilica di Santa Maria Assunta | Museo di Torcello | Trono di Attila | Chiesa di Santa Fosca | Casa Museo Andrich | Paline e Pirati | Gondolieri | Gondole
- The tour runs on all days of the week and can be taken at any time during the day or the night.
- Your public boat ticket is valid for 24 hours, with boats running every 15 minutes until 11 PM and then hourly after that.
- The narration and commentary of the app are approximately 8 hours long.
The tour does not operate on the 25th of December, 1st of January, and in case of unavoidable bad weather conditions.
You will be able to choose the language in which the tour is conducted once you download the app. The tour is available in the following languages:
English | French | Spanish | German | Italian
Your starting point for the tour can either be at Piazzale Roma or in Fondamenta Nove. You can reach Piazzale Roma by boat with lines number 1, 2, 4.1, 4.2, 5.1 and 5.2. You can reach Fondamena Nove by boat from Piazzale Roma with lines number 4.1, 4.2 and 5.2.
We suggest that you wear comfortable shoes and clothes on the warmer side in case of rain. It can get windy on the boat ride.
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities/mobility impairments.
You will receive an email confirmation with your 24-hour public boat ticket, a QR code as well as instructions on how to activate the mobile app required for this tour, Pop Guide. You have to download the app on your mobile phone before you embark on the boat and begin your tour. After that, you can simply make your way to either starting point to begin your self-guided tour.