Half-Day Murano and Burano Islands Tour
Discover the gorgeous islands of the Venetian lagoon, with a professional multilingual guide accompanying you. Visit one of the centers of glassmaking in Italy, Murano, before you continue to Burano, well-known for its lace-making and attractive houses.
- Take spectacular photographs of the Venetian lagoons from the comfort of your motorboat.
- Relish a visit to two centers of art and culture of Venice, the islands of Murano and Burano, each known for their specialty professions.
- Learn about the various islands of the lagoon, their history, and culture from the multilingual guide accompanying you throughout the tour.
- Witness the eye-catching brightly colored homes of the fisherman of charming Burano Island.
- Discover one of the oldest and most exquisite traditions of Venice, lace making and get a chance to see the marvelous lace museum in Burano.
- Just display your mobile voucher at the meeting point to redeem your ticket and begin the tour!
- Visit to a glass factory on Murano Island.
- Discover the secret techniques of glass making by the Murano craftsman.
- Visit to a lace museum in Burano Island.
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Enjoy a Boat Ride Through the Venetian Lagoon
You will be taken on a motorboat to the Murano and Burano islands. As you sail through the lagoon, you will have ample opportunities to take photos of your spectacular surroundings. The confluence of nature and man-made structure is breathtaking to witness. The colorful houses and boats on the canal are guaranteed to leave you in awe. A local expert guide will always be by your side, giving you information about each of the attractions that you will come across on your tour.
Explore Murano Island
The first stop is at Murano, famous for its glass-making industry since the early parts of the 2nd millennium. Glassmaking here is looked at as an art, and the craftsmen use centuries-old techniques to create some of the most stunning designs and works of art. You will also visit a furnace, where you can see the glass products being made in front of your eyes. You will have an opportunity to buy one of the local productions. After an hour on the island, you will make your way to Burano.
Discover the Beguiling Burano Island
Burano is famous for its numerous brightly colored houses and is a major tourist attraction. These houses also attract artists from across the world, who must first get permission from the government before they can paint a house in a certain color. Burano is also renowned for its lace-making industry, and you will have a chance to visit the lace museum. Once you are inside, you will learn about one of the most fascinating and oldest traditions of Italy. The vibrant exhibits are incredibly made and will let you understand why Burano is considered to be one of the top lace-making destinations in the world.
know before you go
- The tour is not private. It will be shared with other guests.
- The tour will not operate in case of extremely bad weather.
- The tour departs from the Prisons’ Palace every day at 11 AM, from the KFC fast-food landing stage at 10:30 AM.
- Please note that it is compulsory to reach the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the time of departure.
- The entire tour lasts for approximately 6 hours.
- The tour does not operate on the 25th of December, and the 9th of June. The tour will not take place on the morning of the Vogalonga Regatta.
English | Italian | German | Spanish | French
- Comfortable shoes are suggested since there will be a fair bit of walking involved.
- The tour is not accessible to guests with mobility impairments. - Strollers are not allowed on this tour.
Redeeming Your Ticket
You will receive an email confirmation with your Half Day Boat Tour to Murano and Burano Islands ticket voucher shortly. No need to print. Show the mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Pier F30 Landing Stage, close to the Venice Santa Lucia Railway Station or Yellow Box in front of the Prisons’ Palace