Discover one of Sicily’s most iconic attractions and a prime example of Norman architecture, the Monreale Cathedral Complex with these skip-the-line tickets!
- Discover one of Sicily’s most iconic attractions, the Monreale Cathedral Complex.
- Avoid long queues with a fast-track entry to the national monument.
- Spot various scenes from the Old and New Testament depicted in the Cathedral.
- Entry into Monreale Cathedral Complex
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Founded in 1174 by King William II, the Norman ruler of Sicily, the Monreale Cathedral is one of Italy’s most important monuments and an iconic landmark in the city of Sicily. One of the greatest examples of Norman architecture, the Cathedral is characterized by a number of pointed arches on twin columns. One of these columns is stylized in the form of a palm tree and served as a fountain for monks to wash their hands. Some of these columns have incredibly detailed carved ornaments. The interiors of the cathedral feature a great deal of religious iconography, with scenes from the Old and New Testament depicted on the walls. You can also see hypomorphic motifs inspired by the Middle East, as well as drawings of animals from the Medieval Bestiary.
know before you go
know before you go
- Make sure to print your tickets before your visit.
- On Sunday afternoon the Diocesan Museum is closed.
- Mon - Sat: 9 AM - 5 PM (last entry at 4:30 PM)
- Sun & public holidays: 9 AM - 1:30 PM
Audio Guide Languages
- For solo Chiostro- Italian, English, Spanish, French, German
- For Duomo Chiostro- Italian, English, Spanish, French, German
Duration: 60 mins
Cost: EUR 5
Children aged 0-17yrs go in for free (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display a printout of your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at the Monreale Cathedral.
- Address: Piazza Guglielmo II, 1, 90046 Monreale PA, Italy
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Take bus #389 from Palermo Piazza Indipendenza to Monreale.
- From Palermo, take Corso Calatafimi and go to the exit of the city. Take the SS 186 and then SP 69 up to Monreale.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.