Hapsburgs Madrid Walking Tour + Skip the Line Guided Tour Prado Museum
Take a walk among some of the most iconic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque period of Madrid, fondly referred to as Hapsburgs Madrid. Stop for drinks at one of the most iconic Cafés in this popular area of Madrid. Next, visit the Prado Museum, the biggest art museum in Spain and look at some of the most iconic works of European art - "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by Bosch, "The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest" by El Greco, "Las Meninas" by Velazquez and "The Family of Carlos IV" by Goya, among many others!
- Discover a unique side of Madrid with some of the most iconic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque period.
- Explore the heart of Hapsburg Madrid - the Plaza Mayor, the charming Arco de Cuchilleros, Casa de la Panadería and the Statue of Felipe III.
- Enjoy a drink at a quintessential Madrid cafe.
- Visit The Museo Nacional del Prado, a museum of international renown for its collection of European paintings: Goya, Velázquez, El Greco, Rubens, Tiziano, Rembrandt and Caravaggio amongst others.
- Professional Guide
- Hapsburg Madrid walking tour
- Free drink at an emblematic Café during the tour
- Skip the line admission to the Prado Museum
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24hrs before the schedule
why you shouldn't miss this
On this tour, you will walk through the historic sections of the Spanish capital and discover some of the most emblematic buildings from the Renaissance and Baroque periods of Madrid, the time when Spain was ruled by the Hapsburg dynasty. During this period, Madrid was generously enriched with many palaces and monuments. The sections of Madrid that are covered by these buildings are perhaps the most picturesque parts of the city and representative of Madrid.
The Prado Museum is a landmark of huge national and global importance. Occupying a 18th-century Neo-classical building, the Prado Museum is home to over 20,000 works of art that include around 7,500 paintings, 8,000 drawings, 4,800 prints, and 1,000 sculptures and other works of art and historical documents. Some of the greats whose works adorn the Prado walls are Francisco Goya, El Greco, Diego Velazquez, Hieronymus Bosch, Peter Paul Rubens and Titian. Thousands of other paintings from the Renaissance and Baroque period are also on display at the Prado Museum.
Your tour begins at the designated meeting point - Julia Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales) and ends at Prado Museum. The walking tour will take you to Plaza Mayor - the heart of Hapsburg Madrid. Other stops on this tour of historic Madrid include Arco de Cuchilleros, Casa de la Panadería and the Statue of Felipe III. Before the tour moves on to Prado Museum, you will stop at a quintessential Madrid cafe and enjoy a break with a refreshing drink.
The tour ends at Prado Museum. Here, your guide will help you skip the ticket queue and head straight to the entrance. Your guide will take you around the museum and show you the classics, giving you all the information you'll need to make this visit memorable. Some of popular works of art include "The Garden of Earthly Delights" by Hyeronimus Bosch, "The Descent from the Cross" by Roger van der Weyden, "Las Maninas" by Diego Velazquez, Goya's "Maja" series, "Emperor Carlos V on Horseback" by Titian, "David Victorious over Goliath" by Caravaggio and many more.
know before you go
The 3.5-hour guided takes daily from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM.
The guided tour begins at the Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales). The closest metro station to the point is the Opera station (Red Line L2 and Green Line L5).
How to Redeem your Tickets
• You will receive your guided tour voucher via email.
• Carry a printed copy of the voucher to the designated meeting point - Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales).
• Display the voucher to your guide and begin your tour.