The Prince of Egypt - Tickets
Savor a breathtaking musical that explores themes of freedom and brotherhood as it follows the story of two brothers on their path towards power and greatness. Created by the legendary composer, Stephen Schwartz, The Prince of Egypt is a stage adaptation of the 1998 Dreamworks film of the same name.
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or refunded
why watch the prince of egypt
Based on the 1998 Dreamworks Animation film, The Prince of Egypt follows the life of Moses, and it was the highest-grossing non-Disney animated film during its time. Stephen Schwartz, who was responsible for the acclaimed music and lyrics of the original film is all set to reprise his role in the stage adaptation. The Oscar-winning song “When You Believe” is featured in the show, and is guaranteed to be a nostalgic experience. Other favorites, such as 'Deliver Us', 'Through Heaven’s Eyes', and 'All I Ever Wanted' are also featured in the musical, in addition to several other songs composed specifically for the stage adaptation.
The crux of the story is the divide between people. One mother is forced to send her newborn child into the unknown, while another is forced to hide the truth about where he came from. Experience this gripping tale of two brothers, as they fight to uphold their beliefs!
A mother is forced to send her child away, fearing the wrath of Pharaoh Seti, who orders his guards to kill newborn Hebrew boys. She places the child in a basket and sets him adrift on the Nile. The child sails to the Pharaoh’s palace, and Seti’s wife, Queen Tuya, adopts the child and names him, Moses. He comes of age as a prince of the kingdom of Egypt, unaware of his true parentage. Moses grows up with an adoptive brother, Ramses. While growing up, Moses is bothered by the treatment of the Hebrews by the Egyptians but is incapable of helping them.
One day, Moses learns about his past and confirms it with Seti himself. He is troubled by his father’s attitude towards Hebrews, who he claimed were just slaves. The following day, Moses attempts to save an elderly Hebrew slave from whipping and accidentally pushes an Egyptian guard to his death. He flees to the desert in exile, against the pleas of Ramses. Will Moses finally lead the Hebrews to freedom? Will he successfully be able to oppose the Pharaoh of Egypt and escape the inevitable wrath that follows? Watch the show and find out!
Stephen Schwartz Fans | Fans of The Prince of Egypt | Kids
know before you go
Duration: 2hr 38min (inc. interval)
Opening Date: 1 Jul 2021
Closing Date: 8 Jan 2022
Theatre Name: Dominion Theatre
Seating Capacity: 1,323
Theatre Facilities: Coat check, theatre bar, wheelchair accessibility
Dress Code: Smart casual
Cast and Crew
Liam Tamne as Ramses
Christine Allado as Tzipporah
Alexia Khadime as Miriam
Joe Dixon as Seti
Debbie Kurup as Tuya
Mercedesz Csampai as Yocheved
Adam Pearce as Hotep
Tanisha Spring as Nefertari
Silas Wyatt-Barke as Aaron
- The musical is recommended for audiences over the age of 7.
- Keep in mind, the theater is air-conditioned throughout the year and can get a bit chilly.
- If you'd like to grab a meal before or after the show, check out our guide to the 30 Best Restaurants in the Theater District.
- Photo and video recordings are not allowed during the show.
COVID Safety Measures
You will now be required to bring with you one of the following COVID certifications when you visit for the show:
- Proof of full vaccination with any vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (where you have received both doses at least 14 days prior to your performance time). You can prevent this certification via the NHS Covid Pass within the NHS App or NHS Covid Pass letter, or any internationally recognized equivalent, or by presenting your vaccination certificate (or a copy of it).
- Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test via the NHS Covid App or a text message/email from the NHS, or an internationally recognized equivalent. This test must be taken within 48 hours of your performance time.
- Should you have natural immunity based on a positive PCR test taken within 10-180 days prior to the date of the performance, please present this proof via that NHS Covid Pass within the NHS App.
- Please note that this only applies to audience members aged 18 or over. Attendees under the age of 18 will be asked for verbal confirmation (by them or a by a parent or guardian on their behalf) that they have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days and are not currently displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
Please click here for full details of the COVID safety measures.
You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher shortly after you book the tickets. You will need to display a photo ID along with your voucher at the Theatre's Box Office to collect your tickets.
Dominion Theatre, 268-269 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7AQ
By Bus: Take bus lines 55, 73, or 98 and get off at the Tottenham Court Road Station (Stop V). The theatre is a short 2-minute walk from this bus stop.
By Tube: Take the Underground to Tottenham Court Road Station. The theatre is a short 5-minute walk from this station.
This ticket is valid for the date selected at the time of booking.