Colosseum Underground Tour with Arena Floor & Roman Forum
Explore the Roman Colosseum like never before on this skip-the-line underground tour. Starting from the dungeons to the arena floor, you will get insights on the lives of gladiators. Gain access to the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, two of the most iconic wonders of the city.
- An exclusive skip-the-line underground tour of the Colosseum, with an expert English speaking guide.
- Pass by the dungeons that once held exotic animals and gladiators before fights.
- Admire the arena, which once hosted the epic battles that entertained thousands of people.
- Make your way to the Roman Forum, which was once a venue for processions, elections, and public speeches.
- Visit the Palatine Hill and explore the ancient ruins and palaces
- Amp up your experience by touring this iconic landmark at night
Unravel The Secrets Of The Underground
Unravel the secrets of the Colosseum on this exclusive skip-the-line underground tour. Pass by the partially reconstructed arena and you will come across the remnants of the pulley, which once hoisted the combatants. This is the less-explored part of the Colosseum, its underground area. Make your way to the old dungeons, where the gladiators were kept. Learn about the historical tales of this amphitheater, which used to be occupied by 80,000 people. Walk through the winding trails, where the gladiators prepared for their battles. Visit the second floor and get a bird's-eye view of the arena as well as the rest of the Colosseum.
From The Forum To The Hill
After your tour to the underground of the Colosseum, follow your guide to the Roman Forum. Initially referred to as the "Forum Magnum", it was a marketplace during the ancient and medieval period. Marvel at the ancient ruins, structures, and monuments that have been still been preserved till this day. Following this, trek to the Palatine Hill situated 40 meters above the Roman Forum. Get a spectacular view of the city, the Roman Forum, and the Circa Maximus from the hill.
Colosseum By Night
Cloaked in darkness and lit up like a stage, the Colosseum during the evening is an impressive and dramatic sight not to be missed by any visitor to Rome. Now you can experience this scene both inside and out, on our special access evening tour!
- 3.5-hour guided tour in English
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum's underground
- Access to Arena and the second floor
- Access to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Guided tour of Colosseum by night (Optional)
- Pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Go
- This tour is exclusive and only a maximum of 24 people are allowed in a group.
- Please make sure to carry a valid ID card as you won't be able to access this tour without it.
- This tour begins at multiple times daily. The timings may or may not be available depending upon the season.
- The duration of the tour is 3.5 hours. Please make sure to reach the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
Note: This tour won't be available on the following dates:
- 1st & 6th January
- 3rd February
- 3rd Mar
- 7th April
- 1st & 5th May
- 2nd June
- 7th July
- 4th August
- 1st September
- 6th October
- 3rd November
- 1st December
- 25th December
Strict Cancellation Policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Meet your host at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy.
- It is an open square right above the COLOSSEO underground METRO STATION.
- Turn left if you’re exiting the metro station and then climb the staircase to get on to Largo Gaetana Agnesi.
- Your host will be waiting there, wearing a BLUE City Wonders polo shirt or jacket anf holding a sign for easy recognition.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Largo Gaetana Agnesi.
- Nearest metro station is Colosseo, which is 2 minutes walk from the Colosseum
- Line B (Blue line) of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. It connects the northeast to the south of Rome, from Rebibbia to Laurentina
- Directions from inside the Metro Station: Upon exiting the turnstiles of the metro, take an immediate right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs within the metro station. At the top of the escalator, go to the right and up the short flight of stairs to exit. Turn left and take the stairs ahead on the left to the small, oval-shaped “square”, Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the metro with views of the Colosseum.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Rome click here.