Montserrat Monastery & Museum Entrance with Audioguide
Discover one of the most famous attractions of the Catalan, established all the way back in the 11th century. Get a chance to explore the Montserrat Museum and Monastery, and learn about its incredible history with the help of an audio guide!
- Discover the stunning Montserrat Monastery in the heart of Catalonia, still home to over 70 monks
- Explore the historic location, built nearly a millennium ago
- Delve into the history and culture of the attraction with an audioguide by your side
- See beautiful works of art by world-renowned artists like Picasso and Dali in the Museum of Montserrat
- Experience the Audiovisual Room of Montserrat and learn about the life of the Benedictine Community
Your self-guided tour will take you through the Monastery of Montserrat, which dates back to the early 11th century. Begin with a walk through the sanctuary and see some of its most significant monuments. Admire the magnificent Basilica, where the venerated statue of the Virgin of Montserrat is present. The walk will offer you a breathtaking experience of the monastery’s history through its sculptural and architectural remains.
The Audiovisual Room ‘Inside Montserrat’ also offers an unforgettable experience of the Benedictine Community, and delves into the cultural and spiritual significance of the attraction. The Museum of Montserrat is a must-see and presents some of the most important collections of culture and art in Spain. Including works of art by renowned artists such as Monet, Dali, Le Corbusier, Picasso and many more, it offers an excellent insight into the diverse eras and cultures from across the world.
- Audio guide and booklet
- Entry into Montserrat Monastery and the museum
- Food and beverages
- Hotel transfers
Ages 0-7yrs go free. Ages 8-16yrs and students enjoy reduced pricing (please carry a valid photo ID)
Museum of Montserrat
Mon to Sun - 10:00 AM to 5:45 PM
Mon to Sun - 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Mon to Fri - 8:45 AM to 5:45 PM
Sat & Sun - 9:00 AM to 6:45 PM
Spanish, Catalan, German, French, English, Russian
English, Spanish, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Russian
Know Before You Go
- A deposit of 50 Euro in cash or your credit card details will be required while collecting your audio guide. The deposit will be refunded when the audioguides are returned
- Please note that the average temperature is often quite low, in the range of 13-14 degrees Celsius, and it is suggested that you bring warm clothing, especially during winter and autumn
- A majority of the areas of Montserrat Monastery are wheelchair accessible
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the basilica; tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals are not allowed
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
Strict Cancellation Policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display this mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the attraction
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry a valid photo ID for verification
- Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- The ticket redemption point for the tour is at the Montserrat Information Office. Please note that there are multiple information points within the attraction.
- The main information office is located opposite Cremallera de Montserrat (Montserrat's rack railway)
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
By Cable Car
- From Plaça Espanya in Barcelona, take the R5 line to Aeri de Montserrat.
- From Aeri de Montserrat, take the cable car to the top.
- The cable car runs every 15 minutes but can run as frequently as every 5 minutes depending on the number of passengers.
By Rack Railway
- From Plaça Espanya in Barcelona, take the R5 line to Monistrol de Montserrat.
- Change to the Cremallera, a green railway that runs to the top of the mountain.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout