Blois Castle Priority Entrance
Discover the fascinating history and best-kept secrets of the French court with priority entrance to the Royal Château de Blois. Discover the Royal Apartments, walk through the Fine Arts Museum, and admire the unique architecture of the fortress that dates back to the 13 century. Upgrade your experience and add the Sound and Light Show to your itinerary.
- Skip the ticket lines and gain priority entrance to the Blois Castle.
- Admire the unique architecture of the castle, representing 4 different eras and architectural styles.
- Explore the Royal Apartments, where 7 kings and 10 queens used to reside and uncover the secrets of the royal French court.
- Stroll through the Fine Arts Museum, housing over 300 remarkable artworks, including works by masters such as Ingres, Rubens, and Boucher.
- Enjoy the Light and Sound Show, that offers a spectacular retelling of the history of the Château.
- Choose between visiting the castle, seeing the Light and Sound Show, or both.
Visit the Blois Castle, the previous residence of several French kings and an extraordinary representation of French architecture ranging from the 13th to the 17th century. Skip the long ticket lines and gain direct entry to the castle with your priority entry tickets. Prepare to be amazed when you step onto the magnificent courtyard, surrounded by four buildings from 4 different eras: the 13th-century Medieval fortress, the Louis XII Gothic wing (1498-1500), the François Renaissance wing (1515-1518), and the Gaston of Orleans Classical wing (1635-1638).
Your ticket is valid for the entire day on the date that you select during booking, giving you plenty of time to explore the different royal buildings. Travel back in time you walk through the royal apartments, the previous residence of 7 kings and 10 queens. The dramatic past of the French court, with its secrets, power games and plots, will be revealed to you as you walk through the 17 rooms, lavishly decorated with traditional motifs, monograms and candelabras. The fully furnished Royal Château gives you an impression of the extraordinary day-to-day lives of the French royals. Stroll through the Fine Arts Museum, housing more than 300 remarkable artworks, including works by the famous artists Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, Peter Paul Rubens and Francois Boucher. If you choose it as an option, you can also see the Light and Sound Show that takes place in the evening. It is a festival of visual and sound special effects that blends with the grandiose architecture of the courtyard, evoking famous episodes in the history of the Château. This is paired with simultaneous translation via an audio guide in 10 languages (they are disinfected after every use).
Only a 1.5-2 hour journey from Paris, a visit to the Blois Castle is an ideal day trip from Paris. The castle is located in the center of Blois, a charming town on the banks of the Loire river with plenty of shops, bars, and restaurants to enjoy before or after your visit. Book your tickets now for an unforgettable journey back in time to the royal French court!
- Priority entry to the Blois Castle
- Tickets to the Sound and Light Show (optional)
- Audio guide available in 10 languages (optional, along with the ticket to the show)
- Guided tour
Know Before You Go
This ticket offers the following variants you can choose from:
- Castle Tickets
- Sound and Light Show
- Castle Tickets + Sound and Light Show
The following spaces in the Blois Castle are wheelchair accessible: the courtyard, the chapel, the ground floor of the Francis I wing (architecture rooms), and the outside areas.
You can visit the Blois Castle at any point within the opening hours on the date that you select while booking. The Blois Castle is open every day of the year, except for on the 25th of December and the 1st of January. The opening hours are:
- 2 January until 21 March: 10 am - 5 pm
- 1 April until 30 June: 9 am - 6:30 pm
- 1 July until 31 August: 9 am - 7 pm
- 1 September until 3 November: 9 am - 6:30 pm
- 4 November until 31 December: 10 am - 5 pm
The last entry is half an hour before the castle closes.
The Sound and Light Show takes place every evening from April 4 to September 28, 2020, + All Saints holidays (from 10/17 to 10/31).
Tickets for children (aged 0-11) are available for a reduced price. Visitors with disabilities will be admitted free of charge
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
You will receive your Blois Castle Priority Entrance voucher shortly via email. On the day of your experience, please show your voucher on your mobile phone, along with a valid photo ID, at the ticket counter. If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Royal Château de Blois.
- Address: 6 Place du Château, 41000, Blois.
- To locate this on Google Maps, simply search for - Royal Château de Blois.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
The Blois Castle is located at 6 Place du Château, 41000 Blois. The town of Blois is about 2 hours south of Paris. The best ways to reach Blois from Paris are:
It is about a 2-hour drive (180 km/112 miles) from Paris to Blois. You can take either the A10 or RN 152. There are parking facilities at the castle.
It takes about 1.5 hours to go from Paris (station Gare d’Austerlitz) to Blois (station Blois-Chambord). It is about a 7-minute walk from the station to the castle.
Your Blois Castle Priority Entrance ticket is only valid for the date that is selected while booking.