Stonehenge Admission Tickets
Witness one of Britain’s most famous sights, and UNESCO World Heritage Site, Stonehenge in the flesh. Hypothesize the reasons for the construction of such an enormous monument, which is up for debate, and appreciate the resourcefulness of the artisans of the complex stone arrangement!
- Visit one of the most historic locations of the United Kingdom, Stonehenge
- Learn about the history of the region and the stones that were erected more than 5000 years ago
- Reflect on what the monument was built as, a shrine dedicated to the Sun God, a massive astronomical calendar or an ancient burial ground
No one knows for certain what purpose Stonehenge served. Apart from being the focal point in a landscape filled with prehistoric ceremonial structures, it also represented an enormous investment of labor and time. Moreover, Stonehenge's orientation in relation to the movement of the sun has always been one of its most noteworthy features. Whether this was because the people who constructed it belonged to a sun-worshipping culture or because the circle and its banks were part of a massive astronomical calendar, it has always remained a mystery.
What cannot be denied, however, is the ingenuity of the builders of Stonehenge. Using antlers and bones, these ancient people dug the pits that hold the stones and created the banks and ditches that enclosed them. Spend your time here marveling at this spectacular architectural feat and try and guess its history. You will also get to visit the Stonehenge Exhibition Centre, located at the entrance to the site, where you can see a vast collection of artifacts and historical items which date back to the Bronze Age and the Neolithic era. While you're here, explore the perfect Salisbury plains and soak in the natural sights all around you. At the end of your day, you’re guaranteed to have learned more about the prehistoric world.
Should you wish to book a guided tour of Stonehenge with transport from London, please click here.
- Stonehenge admission tickets
- 25% discount off Stonehenge guidebooks
- Hotel transfers
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
- Please note that you will not be allowed to enter the Stonehenge circle itself. This is due to the restoration attempts and the relative instability of the structure. Your Stonehenge tickets allow you to access about 10 meters of the monument
Ages 5-15yrs, students and seniors enjoy reduced prices (carry a valid photo ID)
Strict Cancellation Policy
These tickets cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display a printout of the voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is at Stonehenge Visitor Centre, Salisbury SP4 7DE, United Kingdom
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Stonehenge Visitor Centre
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Take a train from London’s Waterloo Station to Salisbury
- Trains from Waterloo to Salisbury every half-an-hour from 6:30 AM and the quickest train takes 1 hour and 22 minutes
- From Salisbury, there are dedicated buses that take you to the Stonehenge
- No public transport routes go towards Stonehenge and as such visitors must take the special tour bus
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout