Skip The Line : Castel Sant' Angelo Ticket
Visit the magnificent Castel Sant'Angelo and witness the crème de la crème of Roman art, weaponry, and architecture.
- Explore an ancient, historical building that has existed since the 2nd century
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Roman history as you explore all five floors of the castle
- Learn how parts of the building served as living quarters, a fortress, and even a prison!
- Admire the stunning Roman architecture of the building and its preserved statues, art, and weapons
- Explore the monument and bask in the grandeur of it all at your own pace
Castel Sant’ Angelo or ‘Castle of the holy angel’ is one of the most remarkable buildings in Italy. Initially built in the year 185 as a mausoleum for the Roman emperor Hadrian, the monument served as a military building and a place of refuge for popes during the sieges in 1527. Explore the castle, which now as a museum, and gain an in-depth understanding of Roman history and architecture! Split into five floors that connected by a spiral ramp, you will have access to the chamber of ashes, and the cells in which many historical figures were incarcerated. As you move towards the upper part of the castle, you will also see beautifully decorated rooms that acted as a Papal residence and an extensive collection of ancient weapons. Check out the large terrace on the top floor, where you can wrap up your experience with stunning, panoramic views of Rome.
- Skip-the-line access to Castel Sant'Angelo
Know Before You Go
Daily between 9:00 AM- 7:30 PM (last entry at 6:30 PM)
Ages 18 and under go free
Strict Cancellation Policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the venue
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction
- Address: Castel Sant'Angelo, Via del Collegio Romano, 27 (Lungotevere Castello, 50, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
- Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Closest bus stop is P.za Pia/Castel S. Angelo which is a 5-minute walk to the boarding point
- Bus 23, 24, 40, 280, 982 & n3s will bring you here
- Closest train station is Risorgimento/S. Pietro which is a 13-minute walk to the boarding point
- Train #19 will bring you here
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout