Fall and Rise of Rome: Private Walking Tour
- Witness the most beautiful churches of Rome on this three-hour interesting journey with a learned historian
- Have your fill of history as you learn what happened after Rome fell and before the Renaissance began
- Visit the beautiful churches of Rome such as the church of San Clemente, SS. Quattro Coronati and the church of SS. Giovanni e Paolo
- Surprise yourself with the well preserved Roman middle-class 3rd-century houses
Roman Renaissance is probably the most interesting historical topic of the medieval period. If you are in Rome and interested in learning and witnessing the remains of the medieval age, this three-hour tour is a must.
You will be led by a historian from a local university who shall explain the facts about the antique period.A knowledgeable docent will take you to the church of San Clemente, a medieval church built on the remains of a 1st-century Mithraic temple and Roman structure. Following that, you will visit the SS. Quattro Coronati, which is one of the most beautiful churches of Rome. Lastly, you will make our way up the hill to the church of SS. Giovanni e Paolo, underneath of which we find a series of middle-class 3rd-century houses.
Through this tour, you learn all about the period between the fall of the Roman Empire and the birth of the Renaissance. Witnessing the remains of the well preserved decorated houses of the average people will leave you amazed.
- Tour admission
- Tour guide
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers
Can’t get enough of ancient Rome. Could have done this for 4 more hours. Lovely experience though.
Three hours well spent in Rome. Got to see some of the most iconic churches and learnt a lot of history on the tour.
Ticket got confirmed super fast and the entire booking process was very easy. Headout made the experience totally worthwhile by ensuring we knew everything we needed to before going on the tour. Got what we were promised. No complaints.
I miei biglietti
Your voucher will be emailed to you within 20 minutes of purchase. Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Caffè San Clemente, Via di S. Giovanni in Laterano, 124, Rome
- Please arrive at the venue 15-minutes prior to departure
- You will meet your docent at a small cafe called Bar San Clemente, located at Via San Giovanni in Laterano 124. This is across the street from the church of San Clemente. This walk will last three hours. You are prepaid for the walk, but both San Clemente (10) and the Case Romane (6.50) have ticket costs associated with them. You will be visiting churches: no shorts of any kind, for both kids and adults. For women, knees, shoulders, and upper arms must be covered. For men, no shorts or cut-off trousers/pants are allowed, and again, shoulders and upper arms must be covered. Best not to bring anything like large bags or purses, backpacks, umbrellas (especially those with hooks), and any sharp objects