Colosseum Underground Tour with Arena Floor & Roman Forum
Explore the Roman Colosseum like never before on this skip-the-line underground tour. Starting from the dungeons to the arena floor, you will get insights on the lives of gladiators. Gain access to the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, two of the most iconic wonders of the city.
- An exclusive skip-the-line underground tour of the Colosseum, with an expert English speaking guide.
- Pass by the dungeons that once held exotic animals and gladiators before fights.
- Admire the arena, which once hosted the epic battles that entertained thousands of people.
- Make your way to the Roman Forum, which was once a venue for processions, elections, and public speeches.
- Visit the Palatine Hill and explore the ancient ruins and palaces
Unravel The Secrets Of The Underground
Unravel the secrets of the Colosseum on this exclusive skip-the-line underground tour. Pass by the partially reconstructed arena and you will come across the remnants of the pulley, which once hoisted the combatants. This is the less-explored part of the Colosseum, its underground area. Make your way to the old dungeons, where the gladiators were kept. Learn about the historical tales of this amphitheater, which used to be occupied by 80,000 people. Walk through the winding trails, where the gladiators prepared for their battles. Visit the second floor and get a bird's-eye view of the arena as well as the rest of the Colosseum.
From The Forum To The Hill
After your tour to the underground of the Colosseum, follow your guide to the Roman Forum. Initially referred to as the "Forum Magnum", it was a marketplace during the ancient and medieval period. Marvel at the ancient ruins, structures, and monuments that have been still been preserved till this day. Following this, trek to the Palatine Hill situated 40 meters above the Roman Forum. Get a spectacular view of the city, the Roman Forum, and the Circa Maximus from the hill.
- 3.5-hour guided tour in English
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum's underground
- Access to Arena and the second floor
- Access to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Go
- This tour is exclusive and only a maximum of 24 people are allowed in a group.
- Please make sure to carry a valid ID card as you won't be able to access this tour without it.
- This tour begins at multiple times daily. The timings may or may not be available depending upon the season.
- The duration of the tour is 3.5 hours. Please make sure to reach the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
Note: This tour won't be available on the following dates:
- 1st & 6th January
- 3rd February
- 3rd Mar
- 7th April
- 1st & 5th May
- 2nd June
- 7th July
- 4th August
- 1st September
- 6th October
- 3rd November
- 1st December
- 25th December
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
I miei biglietti
Your mobile voucher will be sent to your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device at the meeting point.
At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". You will find your guide, who will be wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket.
By metro: Upon exiting the turnstiles of the metro, take an immediate right down the tiled hall to the escalator/stairs within the metro station. At the top of the escalator, go to the right and up the short flight of stairs to exit. Turn left and take the stairs ahead on the left to the small, oval-shaped “square”, Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the metro with views of the Colosseum.
Colosseo Metro Stop, Rome