Private Bucharest Communist Tour with Palace of the Parliament and Ceausescu Residence
Discover how the life of Romanians looked like during the communist period on this private tour.
- Enjoy a tour where only your group will participate.
- Discover the deep impact left by the communist regime on Bucharest.
- Learn more about the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu and his family from your expert guide.
- Visit two of the most important architectures of the communist era - the Palace of the Parliament and the Ceausescu residence.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees for Palace of the Parliament and Ceausescu Residence
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation in a modern vehicle
- Lunch (approx €13/person)
- Photography fees
- Entrance fees to monuments/sights other than those mentioned in the itinerary
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
This private tour gives you a close chance to witness the powerful mark left by the communist regime, that lasted from 1945 to 1989, on the whole Eastern Bloc. Even after the fall of the powerful dictator Nicolae Ceausescu more than 3 decades ago, the traces of communism are unmistakable throughout the city. After the hotel pick-up, the tour will take you through communist-era metro stations and the areas built for the working class. You will visit the Old Town, where you can see the distinctive architectural styles Bucharest is known for, and the Revolution Square, the place which witnessed the fall of Ceausescu and the communism in Romania.
You will also get to explore the Palace of the Parliament, one of the largest buildings in the world, and the Spring Palace, the former opulent residence of Ceausescu.
know before you go
- Please ensure that you bring your passport with you, as it is required when visiting the Palace of the Parliament.
- This is a mixed walking tour and driving tour. If any attraction cannot be visited for reasons beyond our control, the attraction will be replaced on-site.
- A maximum of 15 people can participate in this tour.
Groups of up to 15 people enjoy reduced ticket pricing.
- The tour departs daily at 10am
- The tour is unavailable from Dec 20, 2021 to Jan 5, 2022.
i miei biglietti
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please carry your passport as it is required when visiting the Palace of the Parliament.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- In the next step of booking, please specify the name and address of your hotel.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.