Tours from Home: In Sickness and in Health, a History of Plagues
This journey takes you along the path of the pandemic that decimated Europe and the world beginning at the epicenter of the disease and ending by showcasing the resilience of humanity. Explore this great tragedy and discover how although the contagion brought the world to its knees, we made great advancements in modern medicine because of it
polizza di cancellazione
Questi biglietti non possono essere cancellati o riprogrammati.
- This fascinating virtual tour covers all aspects of the plague from how vinegar, tobacco, fire, and the responsible actions of the government helped save lives to the reason why gondolas are painted black.
- This virtual time machine will reveal how societies were erected to study pathology and how the plague gave birth to a renaissance in the field of arts and sciences.
- Follow the footsteps of plague doctors, searchers of the dead, and aid workers and witness the trial and error methods practiced by the medical professionals in those days.
about the host
Your host, a local London Blue Badge guide, will take you on an engrossing journey through history. Watch our guide bring excitement and energy into this tour and get first-hand tips on how to travel like a local for your next visit.
before your experience
- Download the Zoom App for free on your desktop or mobile device.
- A day prior to the start of your experience, you will receive a Zoom link and instructions on how to join.
- Connect to the tour with either your laptop or smartphone through the link provided.
- We recommend you use a good internet connection and tools like headphones and webcam if you wish to interact.
i miei biglietti
You will receive a confirmation email with a link and details on how to virtually join your experience.