Tours from Home: Changing of the Guard
Journey to Buckingham Palace to witness this centuries-old tradition of the Queen’s guards which was originally instituted in 1660 to protect the monarchy. This virtual experience of one of the world’s most famous ceremonies gives travelers interested in the world of British Monarchy an opportunity to witness the grandeur of a royal march.
polizza di cancellazione
Questi biglietti non possono essere cancellati o riprogrammati.
- Get thorough insight into the pomp and circumstance and get answers to questions such as who the guards are protecting and why.
- Uncover the hidden symbols and meanings behind the different uniforms, the aristocracy involved, and get a visual breakdown of this spectacular ceremony.
- Learn why elite soldiers, 5 from the infantry and 2 from the cavalry regiments, have been guarding the Monarch since 1660.
- Have a visual walk through the historic parade, listen to the marching military bands, and get an understanding of what it inherently is to be British.
- Decode the regalia surrounding the uniforms and get insights into travel like a Londoner for your future visits.
about the host
An expert London Blue Badge guide will take you on this virtual journey through the city. Watch our guide bring excitement and energy into the tour and get first-hand tips on how to travel like a local for your next visit.
before your experience
- Download the Zoom App for free on your desktop or mobile device.
- A day prior to the start of your experience, you will receive a Zoom link and instructions on how to join.
- Connect to the tour with either your laptop or smartphone through the link provided.
- We recommend you use a good internet connection and tools like headphones and webcam if you wish to interact.
i miei biglietti
You will receive a confirmation email with a link and details on how to virtually join your experience.