Dear Evan Hansen
Winner of 6 Tony Awards, including Best Musical for 2017, Dear Evan Hansen is the quintessential American musical that explores the changing nature of teenage lives and their relationships. This contemporary musical is perfect for audiences craving an emotional connection in this dizzying pace of life.
strict cancellation policy
This ticket cannot be canceled or refunded.
why watch dear evan hansen
Dear Evan Hansen had its Broadway premiere in July of 2015. Since then, it's garnered critical acclaim as well as immense public acceptance and has also won the 2018 Grammy for Best Musical Theater Album. A sentimental and profound contemporary musical, it deals with issues that strike a chord with American millennials and parents who are coping with changing societal norms and lifestyles. With an emotionally charged music score and spellbinding acting, this is a musical you cannot afford to miss.
Dear Evan Hansen tells the story of a teenage boy trying to fit in. Dealing with the vagaries of high school has been a challenge since time immemorial and the challenges have only increased for millennials, as the protagonist discovers. Navigating through issues like depression, anxiety, and social conformation, this emotional musical takes us through the journey of Evan as he copes with a friend’s suicide while struggling to find himself along the way.
Young teen audiences | Contemporary drama lovers
"Dear Evan Hansen" is the first great American musical about social media.."
– Chicago Tribune
know before you go
Duration: 2hr and 35min with 1 intermission
No. of Shows a Week: ~8
Opening Date: 14 Nov 2016
Closing Date: 11 Sept 2022
Theatre Name: Music Box Theatre
Theatre Facilities: Accessible performances, Language Subtitles
Dress Code: Smart casual
Cast and Creatives
Ben Levi Ross as Evan Hansen
Talia Simone Robinson as Zoe Murphy
Jessica Phillips as Heidi Hansen
Author of Book
Music and Lyrics
Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
- Masks Required: All guests must wear a properly fitting mask over the nose and mouth in the theatre except when eating or drinking in designated areas.
- This production contains some adult themes, including discussions of suicide. Children under 4 are not permitted in the theatre.
- Latecomers may not be seated immediately. Guests arriving after the performance has begun will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Subtitles are available in English and Spanish.
- This theatre is accessible to those who use wheelchairs or have other mobility needs.
- Keep in mind that the theatre is air-conditioned throughout the year and can get a bit chilly.
- The Music Box is one of the smallest theatres on Broadway, with a capacity of only 800. For tips on how to select the best seats, please refer to our Music Box Theater Seating Chart Guide.
- Outside food is strictly prohibited. If you'd like to grab a meal before or after the show, check out our guide to the 30 Best Restaurants in the Theater District
i miei biglietti
- The ticket can be presented digitally at the entrance on the day of your visit.
- Please note most of the theatres do not allow entry post the show start time and we recommend you reach the venue 10-15 minutes early.