Behind-the-Scenes Parliament Tour: Fully Guided Tour at Closing Time
Avoid the crowds and head to the Westminster Palace for a peek behind the curtains of Parliament, after-hours. Under the direction of an expert guide, you will have an enriching experience learning about the gorgeous art and architecture of this historic center of British political life.
- Admire the architecture of Augustus Pugin and Charles Barry with insights from an expert guide
- Walk in the footsteps of the Queen through the Palace for a quiet experience with just a handful of people
- Marvel at the grandeur of the Queen’s Robing Room, Royal Gallery and the House of Commons
- Experience the regality of the House of Lords with almost no other crowds
- Get an in-depth look at the Palace’s remarkable history
- Expert Guide
- Small group size and no crowds
- Parliament tickets
- Hotel transfers
- Food and drinks
polizza di cancellazione
Questi biglietti non possono essere cancellati o riprogrammati.
Your guided tour begins at the designated meeting point at Parliament Square where you will meet your tour guide. Go through the security check, and then enter into Westminster Hall, the oldest and most impressive part of the Palace. From there you will head to the Royal Staircase, the Queen’s Robing Room, the Royal Gallery, and the Prince’s Chamber. Your expert guide will not only take you to the most breathtaking sections of the Palace but also give you context and insight into the history of the building and its designer August Pugin.
From the Prince’s Chamber, you will go on through a medley of other rooms and lobbies, including the House of Commons, to finally reach the zenith of the tour, the House of Lords, where you will stand with only a handful of other visitors. Here, scarcely a few feet away from the Queen’s throne, your guide will tell you about the history of the room and some of the more interesting things that have happened behind those closed doors.
You will see the grand Victorian architecture of the Palace and its various galleries and chambers. Inside the palace, your guide will show you immense frescoes and paintings made by artists such as William Dyce and Daniel Maclise over many centuries, and tell you about the Tudor dynasty’s fascinating history in power. This experience is best-suited for lovers of art, architecture and royal history, a once-in-a-lifetime glimpse into the United Kingdom’s premier palace without the normal daytime crowds.
know before you go
- The tour will be conducted in English
- The tour begins at 4 PM and goes on till 6 PM
- Photography is not permitted inside the Houses of Parliament
- Please note that for security reasons, airport-style bag searches will take place at the Houses of Parliament -Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground in 2 hours, make sure to put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease
- Unfortunately, due to stairways and limited elevator access, guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour
Ages 2-14yrs and students enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
i miei biglietti
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at Winston Churchill Statue (Parliament Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3JX, UK)
- The Big Ben can be seen directly ahead of you from your meeting point
- This point is just 5 minutes away from the Houses of Parliament
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Winston Churchill Statue
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Board metro lines Circle, District, or Jubilee
- Get off at Westminster Station, which is a 2-minute walk to the statue
- Board buses 148 or 211
- Get off at the Westminster Station Bridge Street bus stop, which is a 2-minute walk to the statue