Golden Circle Tour & Snorkeling in Silfra Minibus Tour
Discover the raw beauty of Iceland's famed Golden Circle, including Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir geothermal area. Experience snorkeling in some of the clearest waters in the world at the Silfra Fissure.
- Enjoy pick-ups from designated locations in Reykjavík.
- Travel through a comfortable and cool minibus.
- Explore the beautiful Icelandic Golden Circle in a conveniently small group.
- Experience swimming between continents in the Silfra Fissure.
- Get free underwater GoPro photos to remember your experience.
- Visit the biggest natural lake in Iceland at Thingvellir National Park.
- Be awed by the stunning beauty of the Gullfoss Waterfall.
- Enjoy watching colorful hot springs at the Geysir geothermal area.
- Pick up from designated locations in Reykjavík
- Free Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on the mini-bus
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Certified snorkeling guide
- Snorkeling equipment including drysuit and warm undersuit
- Free underwater GoPro photos
- Hot drinks after snorkeling
- Snacks and lunch
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Enjoy a ride in a comfortable minibus that will take you to the Silfra Fissure at Thingvellir National Park. After a safety briefing from your experienced and certified certified PADI Dive Master, you will be given all the necessary snorkeling equipment. Enjoy drifting in the incredibly blue waters while surrounded by the diverse flora of the canyon walls. Fun fact - you will be able to move across continents, as you swim between the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates that are moving away from each other! Experience the Silfra Hall and the Silfra Cathedral, respectively the widest and deepest sections of the fissure. Once you are out of the water, you will get to warm up with delicious hot chocolate. You will receive your free GoPro underwater photos via email once the tour is over.
Now, it is time to explore the Golden Circle, home of three of the most stunning and diverse landscapes in Iceland. Get a clear view of how the two tectonic plates, the North American and the Eurasian plate, are moving away from each other at UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park. The park also boasts of biggest natural lake in Iceland, with a rich array of fish and bird life. Make your way to the Gullfoss Waterfall to watch the awe-inspiring view of the melting water from Iceland´s second biggest glacier, Langjökull. If you visit on a sunny day, you can get the perfect photo opportunity as a rainbow adds to the beauty of the already stunning waterfall. Head to the Geysir geothermal area to marvel at the colorful hot springs. Watch the geyser Strokkur erupt to an astonishing height of up to 35 meters every 5 minutes.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Daily at 8 AM
- Duration: 10 hours
- All participants must read and sign this Snorkeling Medical Statement before the tour. Those 60 and above need a medical waiver signed by a doctor, which is available on page 2 of the statement. While bringing a printed and signed form is recommended, you can also sign the form at the meeting location.
- You must be able to swim and be physically fit.
- You must be able to communicate in English.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to take part in this tour.
- You must be at least 12 years old or at most 69 years old at the time of the tour in order to participate.
- Your minimum height and weight must be 150 cm and 45 kilos, and maximum must be 200 cm and 120 kilos.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied in the water by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- Order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions, and timings may have to be adjusted due to the short daylight of winter days.
- In the unlikely event of the tour being canceled because of extreme weather, poor road conditions, or other factors, you will receive assistance for rebooking at another date, or will be provided a full refund.
What to Bring
- Thermal underwear (thermal shirt and pants) and an extra pair of warm socks for snorkeling
- Change of clothes (just in case)
- Contact lenses if you wear glasses
- Warm clothes (first layer)
- Waterproof outdoor clothing (second layer)
- Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo to your tour guide.
- This tour includes pick-ups from designated Reykjavik locations.
- Please specify your pick-up location at the time of booking.
- On the day of your tour, arrive at the pick-up point 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time of pick-up.
- Note: Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the checkout.