Queen's Gallery - Palace of Holyroodhouse Tickets with Multimedia Guide
Enjoy some royally fantastic exhibitions from the Royal Collection at Queen’s Gallery with an informative multimedia guide.
- Sign up for a fun and educational tour of the Queen’s Gallery at the Palace of Holyroodhouse
- With ever-changing art exhibitions on display, you’ll have plenty to see
- Enjoy exhibitions like Victoria & Albert, on display until 2021
- Make use of your informative multimedia guide to learn more about the Royal Collection
- An Art Spy Family Activity bag will come in handy if you’re traveling with children
- Check out and buy some precious items at the Gallery Shop, inspired by the Royal Collection and Palaces
- Entry into Queen's Gallery
- Multimedia guide
- Guided tour
- Food & drinks
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled
Visit The Queen’s official residence in Scotland, the Palace of Holyroodhouse for a fun, educative experience. At the Queen’s Gallery, you will view one of the changing art exhibitions from the Royal Collection while learning about them from the handy multimedia guide. The changing exhibitions feature old master paintings, rare furniture, and decorative images and arts from many photograph collections.
Enjoy the exhibition of Victoria & Albert: Our Lives in Watercolour (26 Apr 2021 – 3 Oct 2021). All through their marriage, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert were devoted patrons (and practitioners) of the art of watercolor painting. Together, they curated a collection of thousands of watercolors, most of them illustrating scenes of their public and private lives. This exhibition has many works that are being displayed for the first time and marks the bicentenary of the births of both Victoria and Albert. These vibrant watercolors capture the ceremony and spectacle of the British court, foreign travel, and diplomacy, the journey of shaping a modern nation, and, importantly, the tightly-knit family at the heart of it all.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- The safety and wellbeing of visitors and staff is the top priority.
- In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, two tiny rooms in the Historic Apartments where social distancing cannot be easily maintained have been closed.
- The Family Room and Activity Bags are temporarily unavailable. These spaces and services will reopen soon and when it is safe to do so.
- You’ll need to wear a face-covering when enjoying all indoor spaces during your visit (unless exempt).
- The shop will be open, although at busy times you may be asked to queue for a short period before entering. Once inside, please wear a face covering, use the hand sanitizer provided before handling any products and follow staff instructions regarding one-way routes.
- At the Palace of Hollyroodhouse, toilets and baby-care facilities are located in the Mews Courtyard. We encourage you to use these facilities before starting your visit. Capacity may be limited to allow for enhanced cleaning to take place and social distancing to be maintained.
- At the Queen's Gallery, toilets are located in the Gallery. Baby-care facilities are available in the Café at the Palace. Pushchairs can be taken inside the Gallery, except during busy periods. If you are required to leave your pushchair, a dedicated drop-off area is available. Baby carriers and hip seats are available on request and will be sanitized between uses. All other personal belongings cannot be left and must be carried for the duration of your visit.
- Breastfeeding is welcome anywhere within the Palace of Holyroodhouse and The Queen's Gallery.
- Card payments are encouraged for the safety of both customers and staff.
- Perspex screens are in place at the checkouts and till points.
- The multimedia guides and headphones are cleaned twice before you use them – once before distribution, and again on return. You are welcome to use your own standard wired headphones if you prefer.
- The multimedia guide tour lasts about 1 hr
- Visitors and their belongings are subject to security checks before entering
- You are not allowed to eat or drink in the Gallery. However, refreshments are available to purchase from the Café at the Palace in the Courtyard
- The Art Spy Family Activity bag is designed for children aged between 5-11yrs. You can pick up a bag at the entrance of the exhibition for free
Apr to Oct
- Thu to Mon - 9:30 AM to 6 PM (last admission at 5 PM)
Nov to Mar
- Thu to Mon - 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM (last admission at 3:30 PM)
22 Dec 2020 to 25 Apr 2021
Ages 0-4yrs go free. Ages 5-17yrs, students, and senior citizens aged 60yrs and up, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction
- If you have purchased reduced-priced tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the entrance of the attraction: The Queen's Gallery, Palace of Holyroodhouse (The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8DX, United Kingdom)
- Closest bus stops are Abbeyhill Crescent and Scottish Parliament
- Both bus stops are about 2-minutes from the Palace
This ticket is valid for the time and date selected during checkout