Hamburg: 1h Harbor Cruise Tour
Cruise on the river Elbe and discover the port of Hamburg. From jetties to modern container ports, the harbour puts on its best show from the waters! With live commentary, gather a deeper understanding of this historic and hands-on seaport!
- Set sail on a Hamburg Harbour cruise aboard either a traditional barge or a spacious salon ship. Your choice!
- A skipper on board will entertain you with a vivid and insightful commentary, giving you live and up-to-date facts about the port of Hamburg
- Explore the historic warehouse district of Speicherstadt and the contemporary Hafen City
- On this tour, you get to witness the Elbphilharmonie in all its glory, with an impressive glass facade and wavy rooftop
- Immerse yourself in a busy and bustling atmosphere as you cruise past the container terminals and quayside operating companies
- Discover the famous Hamburg Fischmarkt and the docks by Blohm and Voss, a German shipbuilding and engineering company
- Enjoy free audio guides for additional context on the cruise. Download from Android or Apple play stores
What To Expect
Lined with a fleet of quaint tour barges and elegant salon ships, the sizes of which are truly incomprehensible, Hamburg harbour is the largest seaport in all of Germany! For centuries, this port has been the driving force behind Hamburg’s rising economy. While the port presents itself as a striking image of urbanization and development, it also, much like Venice, has a labyrinth of canals, inducing a feeling of medieval times. Hamburg owes much of its worldly character to the mighty Elbe, the river on which the port is situated.
From the historic and splendid red-brick warehouses of Speicherstadt to the architectural masterpieces of HafenCity, this is a place where history meets modernity. No other city in all of Europe has as many bridges as Hamburg does. Explore the numerous structures over water, canals, channels, busy locks and container terminals, the Köhlbrand Bridge, and much more on your one-hour cruise of the harbour.
- 1 Hr Harbour Cruise
- Live Commentary (German only)
- Free choice between ship and barge during purchase
- Hotel Transfers
- Additional Gratuities
Know Before You Go
- Daily 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM, with departures every 30 min
- This tour is in German only.
- Duration: 1 hr
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask
- Social distancing is maintained on the cruise
- The number of visitors is limited to avoid crowds
- The passenger ships MS RIVER STAR and MS HAMBURG as well as the paddle wheeler MS LOUISIANA STAR can be accessed barrier-free via a gangway and have corresponding sanitary facilities. Due to the conditions on-site, no information can be provided in advance regarding the exact time the above ships are used in the harbour cruise (no fixed departure times).
- The luxury barges, as well as the traditional barge, can not be accessed barrier-free.
- For audio guides, download from Android or Apple play stores
- Note: If you want to cruise through the Speicherstadt, you should opt for the barge as the bridges in the Speicherstadt region are too low for the large passenger ships to get through.
- Ensure you carry your passports or a valid ID card for proof.
- Weapons and sharp objects are not allowed onboard the cruise.
- Outside food not allowed!
- Please note that all harbor cruises aboard little barges are subject to the tide.
- The boats will have an open or closed glass roof depending on the weather conditions.
- Transportation of wheelchairs is only possible on a large passenger ship. Make sure you inform in advance in case of any requirement.
Children aged 5 - 14 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on cancelling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after purchase.
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
Redeem your voucher at St. Pauli Landing Stages, Bridge 1 for Barges and Bridges 4 for Passenger Ships.
- These Bus lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: 112.
- These Subway lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: U3.
- These S-Bahn lines stop near St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken: S1, S3.
These tickets are valid for the date and time selected during booking.