TransMontserrat Card: Train from Barcelona, Cog-Wheel & Self-Guided Tour of the Monastery
Discover a shrine to Catalan culture and spirituality at the world-famous Montserrat Monastery. With the TransMontserrat card, enjoy a thoroughly relaxing and scenic ride from Barcelona to Montserrat!
- Set off on a memorable ride that goes through the beautiful Spanish mountains
- Pick either the rack railway or the cable car to ascend the mountain
- Explore the beautiful Monastery, Museum and Basilica of Montserrat with your tickets
- Visit the ‘Montserrat behind closed doors’ exhibit and get a virtual tour of the attraction at your own pace
- Savor a ride on the Sant Joan funicular that gives you spectacular views from the Pyrenees to the sea
- Relish a traditional Catalan lunch (optional)
- Round trip metro ticket to/from Plaça d'Espanya
- Round trip train ticket to/from Plaça d'Espanya to Monistrol de Montserrat
- Round trip ticket on the Cremallera or Aeri to Montserrat
- Unlimited use of the Sant Joan funicular
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibit ‘Montserrat behind closed doors’ (Closed until further notice)
- Food and beverages
- Hotel transfers
Ages 0-4yrs go free (carry a valid photo ID)
Museum of Montserrat
Daily - 10:00 AM to 5:45 PM
Daily - 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Mon to Fri - 8:45 AM to 5:45 PM
Sat & Sun - 9:00 AM too 6:45 PM
In the next step of your booking, choose the desired variant to the ticket:
- Montserrat Day Out - All-Inclusive Public Transportation Pass from Barcelona: Montserrat Entry and Public Transportation Pass
- Montserrat Day Out - All-Inclusive Public Transportation Pass from Barcelona: Montserrat Entry, Public Transportation and Traditional Lunch
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
Enjoy an all-inclusive travel pass that can take you from the heart of Barcelona all the way up to Montserrat. The first train will take you from Barcelona to Monistrol de Montserrat, located at the foot of the mountain. From there, you will have the opportunity to choose between the 19th-century rack railway which was recently refurbished, and the Aeri, a cable car that scales gradients up to 45%! The journey offers spectacular panoramic views of the Catalan landscape and promises to leave you in awe.
When you arrive at Montserrat, your ticket also includes a visit to the audiovisual exhibit ‘Montserrat behind closed doors’. You will have a chance to go on a virtual tour of the famed monastery and understand the historical and cultural significance of the monument. Inside the Basilica, see the 'Black Madonna' or "Moreneta," affectionately named so because of the dark color of her skin. A trip on the Sant Joan funicular also awaits you, giving you unforgettable sights of the Pyrenees mountain range and sea! What's more, your ticket includes a delectable traditional Catalan meal, if you have chosen it as an option during checkout.
know before you go
know before you go
- The station, funicular, and museum are accessible to individuals with impaired mobility
- Please note that you have to exchange the voucher for physical tickets before you begin this experience. Head to the tourist office located in Plaça Catalunya at any time between 8:30 AM and 8:30 PM.
- Visitors to the Montserrat Monastery are not permitted to wear braces, shorts or sandals
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please take your e-voucher to the ticket redemption point and redeem them for physical tickets
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your tickets at at Tourist Office, Plaça de Catalunya (Plaça de Catalunya, 17, S, 08002 Barcelona, Spain)
- This point is just 5 minutes away from the Catalunya metro station.
- To locate the ticket redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - Tourist Office, Plaça de Catalunya Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Nearest metro station is ‘Catalunya’, which is right at the ticket redemption point.
- Line 1 (red line), Line 3 (green line) Line 6 (violet line) will get you here
- There are several bus stops around Plaça de Catalunya
- You can reach here by taking any of the following buses: 24, 41, 42, 55, 66, 67, 68, V15, H16 and Aerobus.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout