Split: Game of Thrones Small-Group Tour with Diocletian's Cellar
Discover the magic of the world of Game of Thrones and the historic background of Split in this popular guided walking tour.
- Explore Split in a completely unique way as you visit filming locations of Game of Thrones and learn about the history of the city’s most iconic attractions.
- On this guided walking tour, you’ll visit the Diocletian Cellars, Palace, Golden Gate, and Vestibule – all widely featured in many important scenes in the show. Daenerys kept her dragons in the Diocletian Cellars!
- The Diocletian Palace is an integral preserved piece of Split’s history, also being a UNESCO Heritage Site.
- The famous Papalićeva Street of Old Town is also part of the tour and was the filming location of the Slave Rebellion.
- Come away from this experience with a better understanding of Split’s history, architecture, and culture as well as a reignited love and appreciation for the world of Westeros.
- Local English speaking guide (who's also a fan of GoT)
- Entrance to Diocletian's Cellars
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Before you think this walking tour is only for the fans of the popular and critically acclaimed HBO show ‘Game of Thrones’ – think again! While you’ll definitely see sights of Split that are featured in iconic scenes in the series, you’ll also explore the city as a whole and discover its history and culture.
Along with a local guide – who is equally knowledgeable about Split and GoT – you’ll walk around the best locations in the city, leaving no stone unturned. Visit the Diocletian Cellars – basement halls of the Palace of Diocletian – that in real life once held up the private apartments of Emperor Diocletian and where Daenerys kept her beloved dragons in Mereen. The remains of this impressive Roman Palace is now a UNESCO-listed heritage site. Other noteworthy landmarks include the Golden Gate which was the northern gate of the Palace and the Vestibule – an ancient antechamber of the imperial corridor of the Palace, still preserved to this day. The Vestibule and the rest of the Palace also both show heavily in the Mereen scenes where the Sons of the Harpy attack people in a back alley to draw the Unsullied into a trap.
Walk through Papalićeva Street where the Slave Rebellion took place and imagine what it was like in the world of Westeros. This tour combines both the wonderful world of Croatia and fantasy – a unique situation not found anywhere else in the world. By the end of the experience, you’d have soaked up the atmosphere, history, and stories of Dalmatia and Game of Thrones.
know before you go
know before you go
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. Wear sunscreen, a sunhat, sunglasses, and sunscreen and carry a bottle of water as it can get very sunny.
- Photography is allowed.
- Daily: 10:45am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at: Grayline Croatia.
- Address: Obala Hrvatskog narodnog preporoda 21, 21000, Split, Croatia
- Landmark: on the Riva Main Promenade in front of the Palace, near the Brass Gate.
- The closest train station is the Split train station. It’s a 6-min walk to the meeting point.
- The lines Split - Perković, Split - Zagreb Glavni kolodvor, and Split - Kaštel Stari will get you to this station.
- The closest bus stop is the Split bus station, a 6-min walk to the meeting point.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.