Crime Tour: Stories From The Dark Side - Walking Tour
Learn about the fascinating ways in which the criminal underbelly of New York has shaped the culture of the metropolitan in this walking tour!
- Unearth the dark side of NYC on this storytelling tour led by a retired NYPD officer.
- Walk the beat with a retired NYPD officer or detective, hearing stories of NYC’s most notorious criminals and some stories from their own history too.
- Explore the Lower East Side, learning about immigrant gangs from Italy, Ireland and China.
- Get insights on scandals from the lowest levels of society all the way to the famous white-collar crimes of Wall Street.
- Guided tour
- Professional tour guide
- Doughnut and coffee
You can cancel these tickets up to 72 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Spend an evening on the beat with a retired NYPD officer, learning the shocking truth of New York’s organized crime rings and modern scandals. Together you’ll visit the Lower East Side, Wall Street, and Little Italy; breeding grounds for all types of outrageous NYC criminals, from Captain Kidd and Boss Tweed to John Gotti, Leona Helmsley, and the real Wolves of Wall Street.
Starting in Lower Manhattan, you’ll learn of political intrigue and corruption in New York City stretching back hundreds of years. Move from power to money with tales of Wall Street run amok, whether trying to overthrow the US Government or literally getting away with murder. In the Lower East Side, visit Five Points, a particularly notorious spot, stroll through Chinatown to learn about violent turf wars fought here during the 1970s and 1980s. Your NYPD guide will separate truth from fiction, and tell you what it took to finally clean up New York City after centuries of degradation.
know before you go
know before you go
This experience can accommodate a maximum of 10 people in 1 group.
Infants aged 2 and under can go for free.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the same on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays. Bring a valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide on the sidewalk in front of Fraunces Tavern located on 54 Pearl Street.
- Address: 54 Pearl St, New York, NY 10004, United States.
- The nearest subway station is Bowling Green, a 3-minute walk away from the meeting point.
- Lines #4 and #5 will get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.