Entry Tickets to the Royal Chapel of Granada
Traverse the Royal Chapel of Granada and examine the Gothic architecture within this octagonal monument. Learn the stories behind the vaults, arches, crypts, and tombs within this imperial mausoleum.
- Visit the fascinating Royal Chapel of Granada, a monument that showcases a key transitional period in Spanish history.
- Download an audio guide app to understand the political significance of this structure, which was built as the Catholic monarchs came to power after their Nasrid predecessors.
- Encounter Gothic architecture within this octagonal presbytery as you bask in luxurious simplicity.
- Catch some stunning artwork along with the tombs of Isabella I, Ferdinand II, and other past royals.
- Entry Tickets to the Royal Chapel of Granada
- Audio guide app
These tickets can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
In 1504, the Catholic Monarchs chose the city of Granada as a burial place, creating, by Royal Decree, the Royal Chapel. Step into a fascinating piece of history, and learn all about the vaults, arches, crypts, and tombs within this imperial mausoleum.
Construction for the set of buildings - consisting of a church, the sacristy and an entrance hall, began in 1505 under Enrique Egas. The chapel was conceived as an annex to the new cathedral that was to be built in Granada after the conquest and replacement of the Nasrid Dynasty in 1492. Both buildings are independent today, and their styles are different. While the Royal Chapel displays forms of the late Gothic, the Cathedral of Granada was created according to Renaissance aesthetics.
know before you go
know before you go
- It is not allowed to take pictures or videos inside the Royal Chapel.
- It is not allowed to visit the church or interior of the temple during liturgical acts.
- It is forbidden to drink beverages and consume food inside the church.
- Please maintain silence and dress with decorum inside the temple.
- Please keep your cell phone on silent out of respect for those who are in the Royal Chapel.
- Smoking is not allowed on the premises.
- Pets are not allowed to enter the Royal Chapel except for guide dogs.
- Children must be properly accompanied by adults, and are not allowed to run around the Temple.
- Please heed the instructions of the Royal Chapel staff at all times.
Mon to Sat: 10am to 2pm, 3pm to 7pm Sun & liturgical holidays: 11am to 2pm, 3pm to 7pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive at the attraction 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at The Royal Chapel of Granada.
- Address: Calle Oficios, s/n, 18001 Granada, Spain.
- The closest bus stop is Gran Vía 5- Catedral. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 8 21 33 C32 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is Recogidas. It is a quick 12-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board trams 1 to get you there.