Venice Rialto Market Food Tour
A culinary adventure across the four best eateries in Venice, with appetising portions of Cicchetti, Wine, Fritti, Pasta to understand the history of Venice through its food trail.
- Span both the sides of the Grand Canal on a culinary journey,; from the bustling Rialto Market to the quite eateries in the Jewish Ghetto neighbourhood.
- Don't just eat like a local, but travel like a local on a gondola on this culinary route that you embark with us.
- Get insider foodie scoops from our local docent who will take you to the best of the best eateries around town.
- Leave your wallet at home because this ticket is all inclusive of the food you try and the gondola you ride on. An actual double bonanza!
- Indulge in the Venetian ritual of Cicchetti and wine at the city's best tapas.
- Eat fresh seafood off the hook and understand the connection of all that you eat to Venice's past and present.
- All food & wine tastings
- Short local Gondola Ride to cross the Grand Canal
- Expert local tour guide
Ces billets ne peuvent être ni annulés ni reportés.
the rialto market
the rialto market
Venice's food culture is quite different from other parts of Italy and there is no better way to experience this unique culinary culture than at the historic Rialto market. Due to the absence of farmable lands, meat, grains and dairy products are a rarity here. No pizzas as well. However, due to the abundance of water, fish is a common staple and due to a great trading channel, Venice had access to reams of spices from around the world.
The Rialto Market is the heart of Venetian food produce where locals buy seafood, meat, vegetables and fruits. For generations, Venetians have been coming to the colourful stalls at the Rialto market and there is no better place to learn about the culinary history of Venice than here. Along with a Venetian foodie who knows hidden gems and famous eateries alike, you will develop an appreciation for Venice's distinct Italian culinary credentials while sampling local specialities, fresh seafood and seasonal produce.
Meet your local foodie guide near the Rialto bridge and embark on a tantalizing adventure, starting off with the Rialto Fish Market. Here you will come to grips with the strange quirks of living on an island and see locals haggling with sellers to buy the day's catch. This is where most of the restaurants source their quota of fresh seafood, so you will probably see a person buying what you will be eating later in the day.
Passing the colourful stalls, you will reach your second stop for the day. Bacaro, a popular hangout spot amongst locals is where you get the best Cicchetti and Spritz in Venice. While you're here, you can try any 2 items of your choice accompanied by local wine, prosecco and spritz. Your guide is likely to ask you to try Baccala, a salted cod dish which is whipped and slathered on fresh bread as it's his all-time favourite. We are pretty sure it will blow your mind too. Next, you will walk to the best Cicchetti Bar in town and taste food that is synonymous with Venice. Cicchetti's (small snacks or side dishes) are a huge part of Venetian meal and trying a good platter of it in Venice is an absolute must. You will find a spread of rostini, panini, fritti (fried fish and vegetables) along with a glass of wine here and you can indulge in them sumptuously.
After eating to your hearts' content, you will board a gondola and travel across the Grand Canal and take in the beautiful views after your beautiful meal. You will disembark near the Ca d’Oro (Gold Palace) and walk towards the Jewish Ghetto while your guide narrates gripping lores about the buildings you pass and the Ghetto as well. After a short walk, you will settle down in a closeby neighbourhood for a plate of the city's best fish pasta accompanied by a bubbling glass of wine. After this meal, your guide will leave you to explore this part of the city. Before leaving he will be giving you a long list of recommendations for local bars and restaurants that serve moreish Venetian plates that suit your palate so that you can keep your culinary adventure going till you leave Venice.
know before you go
know before you go
From August 6, 2021, onwards, all sites that we visit in Italy will require guests and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test (completed within 48 hours) prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. You can read more about it on the Italian Government website. If you have any questions regarding your tour, please reach out to us prior to your schedule, and we can help answer any questions you may have.
** Meeting Point**
You will have to meet your guide at the Central Fountain of Campo San Giacomo di Rialto. Campo San Giacomo di Rialto is located to the west of the Rialto Bridge, towards the Rialto Market.
The closest vaporetto stop is the "Rialto Mercato" stop.
This tour is available only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
The tour starts at 10:30 AM
Duration - 2 hours and 45 minutes
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.