Classic Rome Segway Tour
Explore the depths of the Roman civilization with this three-hour tour that takes you on a journey through time as you glide through the most spectacular sights of the Imperial Rome.
- Relive the days of Imperial Rome as you visit the immortal sights of Marcello Theatre, Roman Forum, Capitoline Square, Arch of Constantine and Circus Maximus.
- Relive the centurion age and witness the Colosseum reconstructed through a virtual reality viewer.
- This tour is limited to 8 people and led by a local English speaking expert who shall give you insight into the awe-inspiring history of the Eternal city.
This Segway Tour starts with an orientation session at the meeting point. Once you feel comfortable riding the Segway, you will start our journey through Imperial Rome. You will begin your tour by visiting one of the most magnificent forums in Rome, the Trajan forum built to celebrate the triumph of Emperor Trajan over the Daci barbarians. Learn about the Colosseum and witness its reconstruction through a virtual reality viewer. Learn more about the glories of Rome by visiting another triumphant structure, the Arch of Constantine. Next, visit the Circus Maximus which was the largest stadium in ancient Rome where chariot races were held here for almost a millennium. Y
You will even visit the Knights of Malta Square and the Orange Trees Garden to enjoy a panoramic view over Rome. You will then proceed to visit Santa Maria in Cosmedin and its Bocca della veritá. You will then make your way to Marcello Theatre that was built by Julius Caesar and Augustus Caesar which was quite the hub for performance arts all those years ago. You will then head to the Roman Forum, a confusing and sprawling spread of ancient ruins with overwhelming historical significance. Finally, you shall head to the highest of the seven hills of Rome and the religious center of the city, Capitoline Square.
- Experienced English speaking tour guide.
- Training as well as safety equipment (helmet).
- Segway rental.
- Rain ponchos in accordance to weather conditions.
- Audio guides.
- Liability insurance.
- Food & beverages.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Entrance to attractions.
- Hotel transfers.
Know Before You Go
This tour is available daily at 9:30 AM and 2:30 PM or 4:00 PM.
This tour is 2 hours long.
- You will have an English live guide
- The minimum age to participate in this tour is 16 years of age and the maximum is 75 years of age.
- Participants must be able to climb and descend stairs without assistance.
- All participants must have a valid photo ID and will be required to sign a liability form, agreeing to participate on the tour at their own risk.
- Due to safety reasons, pregnant women are not allowed to participate in this tour.
- Any participant that is intoxicated and/or under the influence of drugs will be refused from participating in the tour.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
Meet your guide at Segway Office located in Via di Sant’Eufemia #15, Rome. It is located about 100 meters to Venezia square and about 500 meters from the Colosseum Metro station. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
This tour is valid for the date and time selected during booking.
Turtle Tour, Piazza Mattei, 11,, Rome