Dion and Mount Olympus Day Tour From Thessaloniki
Travel back in time, with a day trip to Dion and Mount Olympus. Explore the historic mountain where the 12 Gods of Ancient Greece resided, and take a stunning hike to Enipeas Gorge.
- Discover the archaeological site of Dion and its numerous attractions.
- Explore the museum and sanctuaries of Dion, and learn about the history of the region.
- Enjoy a traditional Greek lunch at a local restaurant in a nearby village.
- With transfers already arranged, enjoy a hassle free ride.
- Admire stunning views of Mount Olympus.
- Take a short trek along Enipeas Gorge and catch breathtaking views of the area.
- Round-trip transportation to the archaeological site-museum of Dion, Mt. Olympus and Litochoro
- English-speaking, archaeologist trip attendant
- Basic travel insurance (during transport)
- Assistance with the ticket issuance process to avoid the queue in the ticket office
- Entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum of Dion (total 8€)
- Tour-guide to the museum and the archaeological site of Dion
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 24 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
Your trip begins with a pickup from Thessaloniki early in the day. The first stop is at Dion’s renowned archaeological park. You will get a few hours to explore the external site, which promises to take you on a journey to the past. You will see the theater of Dion, famous for hosting plays by Euripedes, and it is the largest building at the site. Performances of the Olympus Festival take place every year during the summer.
You can then visit the museum of Dion, which houses statues of the ancient city. There are numerous sanctuaries dedicated to various Greek gods and goddesses. One of the highlights of the park is the Mosaic of the House of Dionysus, which is the largest preserved mosaic found in Dion.
You will then enjoy a Greek lunch in a traditional restaurant at the village before continuing to Olympus. Renowned across the world, Mount Olympus is considered in Greek mythology to be the home of the Greek gods. You can enjoy a short trek along the Enipeas Gorge, and catch stunning views of the mountain and its scenery.
The trip will now come to an end, and you will make your way back to Thessaloniki.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Until 1 April:
- Mon, Wed, Sat: 8am onwards
On and after 1 April:
- Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun: 8am onwards
Winter Season: 1 Nov – 31 Mar '23
- Mon, Wed, & Sat: 8am onwards
- Please be sure to bring along a hat and sunglasses, and put on sunscreen during the summer months.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, since there is a fair amount of walking involved in the tour, in addition to a short trek.
- You are allowed to bring outside food and drinks.
- Photography is allowed, except for flash and tripods.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
At 8am, meet your guide on Aristotelous Square and Egnatia Street, in front of the Venizelos Statue..
The nearest bus stop is Thessaloniki 21 Lagkada Street, which is a 15-minute walk to the meeting point. Catch bus Kyiv-Atheny to get here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.