Thessaloniki to Meteora Day Trip by Train
Get acquainted with the legends and history of the seemingly inaccessible clifftop Meteora monasteries, where nature and man conspired to create one of the most popular World Heritage listed sites.
- Enjoy stunning panoramic views of one of Greece’s most impressive regions.
- Learn all about the fascinating tales and secrets of the place from an expert local.
- Get the chance to enter 3 of the monasteries, in addition to seeing all of them on the tour.
- Get value for money with roundtrip tickets taken care of.
- Capture the stunning Meteora landscape in your lens for your travel memoir.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Thessaloniki to Meteora
- Pick up/Drop off from Kalampaka’s train station
- Local English speaking guide
- Viewing all the 6 monasteries and entering 3 of them
- Free Wi-Fi in the bus
- All taxes
- Transfer to Thessaloniki’s railway station
- Entrance fees of each monastery (3 EUR per person)
- Guide inside the monasteries
- Personal travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Transfers
- Audio Guide
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 24 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
After the scenic train ride from Thessaloniki, you will board a luxury VIP minibus with your local guide and set off towards Meteora. When you get your first glance of the monasteries, it would seem almost impossible to believe that a place like Meteora exists. But exist it does, and draws more than 2 million visitors every year!
Take the chance to admire 3 monasteries from the inside, as your guide divulges all the legends, history and secrets of the centuries-old place. After the drop off at the Kalampaka station post the tour (4:30pm), you can make most of the hour you get before your train’s departure at 6:22pm to explore the charming town on foot.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- 8:56am (train departs from Thessaloniki's railway station to Kalampaka)
- 12:03pm (train arrives at Kalampaka's train station, customers meet the tour provider here and the tour begins)
- 4:30pm (the tour ends and customers are dropped off to the town of Kalampaka for lunch, shopping, coffee, or the station)
- 6:22pm (train departs from Kalampaka's railway station to Thessaloniki)
- 10:19pm (the train reaches Thessaloniki)
- You will receive your e-tickets to board the train from Thessaloniki to Kalampaka, Meteora by email after booking for the tour (round trip tickets included).
- Meet your tour guide at the Kalambaka Train Station upon arrival at 12:03pm.
- Upon finishing the tour, you can choose to be dropped back to the station or the town of Kalampaka.
- You should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the departure time at the Thessaloniki Railway Station.
- The tour is accessible by prams or strollers, but not by wheelchairs.
- Bringing outside food and drinks is allowed.
- Taking photographs is allowed, with the exception of flash and tripod.
Entrance to the Meteora monasteries requires a strict dress code. Long trousers for men and long skirts for women are mandatory. They also MUST keep their shoulders covered. (Note - Long skirts are provided at the entrance of every monastery).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the departure time to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo. ID proof for verification.
- Depart from Thessaloniki Railway Station at 8:56am.
- Address: Thessaloniki 546 29, Greece.
- Meet your tour guide at the Kalampaka’s train station at 12:03pm.
- Address : Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
- The tour leader will be waiting for you at Kalampaka’s train station holding a signboard with your name.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.