Don't miss the award-winning revival of Rose starring Dame Maureen Lipman in the title role of this feisty one-woman show.
Ces billets ne peuvent être ni annulés ni reportés.
why watch rose
By mixing a personal story with world history as a backdrop, Martin Sherman – the writer of this phenomenal one-woman play – shows the audience how much a person can be affected by and live through suffering and hardship and, yet, hold their own and believe in empathy and kindness.
Dame Maureen Lipman – Olivier award-winning actor – breathes life into Rose, a tough-as-nails Jewish woman from Ukraine. She leaves war-torn Europe for America in search of the ‘American Dream’. Her journey takes her through a Warsaw ghetto, aboard a ship crossing the Atlantic Ocean, and to Atlantic City, Arizona, and the beaches of Miami. This play is an intimate, moving, and sometimes funny account of the 20th century. It serves as a thought-provoking tale of how unity and peace are the only ways to overcome adversity and hatred.
Watch Dame Maureen Lipman in one of her peak stage performances in this limited-run play, showing at the Park Theatre between 13 Sept to 15 Oct 2022.
Play Enthusiasts | Dame Maureen Lipman Fans
Duration: 2hr 15min
No. of Shows a Week: ~7
Opening Date: 13 Sept 2022
Closing Date: 15 Oct 2022
Theatre Name: Park Theatre
Theatre Facilities: Accessible Performances and Washrooms, Assistance Dogs Welcome
Dress Code: Smart casual
Dame Maureen Lipman as Rose
Scott Le Crass
Costume & Set Designer
L David Shields
- The theatre advises that guests wear a mask at all times inside the venue, except when eating or drinking, unless medically exempt.
- Please bring extra layers, as required, as it can get chilly in the theatre.
- The theatre doesn't have a cloakroom or bag storage facilities and large bags can’t be taken into the auditorium.
- Guide dogs are allowed.
- The ticket can be presented digitally at the entrance on the day of your visit.
- Please note most of the theatres do not allow entry post the show start time and we recommend you to reach the venue 10-15 minutes early.