Entry Tickets to San Marco Museum - Florence
Visit the San Marco Museum to indulge in Renaissance architecture that portrays monastic life in 15th-century Florence.
- Marvel at the architectural planning of the convent inspired by famous artist Filippo Brunelleschi.
- Explore the works of Beato Angelico in the frescos painted in the interiors and the library that houses illuminated manuscripts.
- In the underground rooms is where you will find ancient relics and a rare collection of bells.
- Along with the church, discover the Dominican convent, renovated Michelozzo, that is still used by monks today.
- On your tour, you could also visit the cell where Girolamo Savonarola lived, who was famously known for his criticism of corrupt clergy members and constantly clashing with the Roman Catholic Church.
- Entry to San Marco Museum
- Hotel Transfer
- Personal expenses
Ces billets ne peuvent être ni annulés ni reportés.
While on your holiday in Florence, take some time out to visit the San Marco Museum which will help you get a deep appreciation of Renaissance architecture and art in general. Many believe that the building itself is worth visiting because it is a fine example of a 15th-century monastic dwelling. The museum’s plan was contributed by Brunelleschi and you can see the genius of Fra' Angelico in the frescos painted on the walls.
The building has a church and a convent and even today, Dominican monks still reside in the latter. You will also get a chance to see the ancient hall which is filled with Beato Angelico’s works, a Dominic monk himself. Also preserved in the convent is the cell where Girolamo Savonarola lived, a man who stood firmly against corrupt clergy members and was therefore constantly in conflict with the Roman Catholic Church.
The Museum is a beautiful example of Florentine architecture and artworks that have been celebrated for a long time. From the frescos painted on the doors to the old kitchen and service areas where Fra’ Bartolomeo’s paintings are displayed, each nook of the museum has been very well preserved to depict a time that existed centuries ago.
know before you go
know before you go
May 7 to Dec 31
- Daily: 8:15am to 12:45pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive at the redemption point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Piazza San Marco, 3.
- Address: 50121 Firenze FI, Italy.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is La Pira. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 25, 31, 32 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is Fortezza. It is a quick 12-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board tram T1.3 to get you there.
- The closest train station is Firenze Santa Maria Novella. It is a quick 8-minute drive to the meeting point.
- Board trains EN, FA, FR, IC and many more to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.