Sovereign Hills Entry Tickets
Visit the Sovereign Hills to discover what life was like during one of the most significant periods in Australia's history - the 19th century gold rush.
- Relive the golden days of Ballarat with these tickets to Sovereign Hill
- Meander through the streets and explore recreated buildings, hotels, and workshops.
- See blacksmiths, candle makers, confectioners, and coach-builders, and join them for some hands-on work.
- Discover priceless collections of gold nuggets, artifacts, coins, and exhibitions displaying a city built on gold.
- Pan for real gold that is yours to keep at Red Hill Gully Diggings.
- Be fascinated by the spectacular display of a $160,000 gold pour.
- Upgrade your ticket to explore the Secret Chamber of the gold mine on a guided tour.
- Sovereign Hill entry ticket
- Guided mine tour - The Secret Chamber (optional)
- Hotel transfers
- Food & beverages
- Travel Insurance
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 168 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
The Aussie take on an open-air museum reminiscent of Westworld, Sovereign Hill represents life in the goldfields of Ballarat during its heyday in the 1850s. Explore the settlement on a traditional horse-drawn carriage ride. The buildings here are crafted with meticulous detail, keeping in mind the authentic historic architectural style. See steam-driven machinery, blacksmiths strike the anvil, confectioners baking old school boiled sweets, and witness the spectacular gold pour where $160,000 of gold is melted and turned into a three-kilogram bullion bar.
Check out the Red Hill Gully Diggings, where you can pan for real gold and keep it for yourself! Other daytime highlights at Sovereign Hill include the old-timey photography studio (dress up and get a sepia photograph with your friends) and optional underground mine tours. Nothing one reads or watches on film can equal the experience of actually exploring the labyrinth of tunnels in an underground mine. In addition to the exhibitions, you can pose for a photo with costumed goldfields characters, shop 1850s-style, visit schools, hotels, and even a theatre with goldfields entertainers.
The Secret Chamber
Opt for the guided tour to descend into the mysterious depths of the gold mine. Make your way through dig sites, shafts, and forbidden places until you reach the Secret Chamber. Traditional Chinese music will greet you as the walls reveal their secret. Venture forth to hear the story of Chin Tem and his brother - a tale based on young Chinese diggers who found themselves in 1850s in the quest for gold.
know before you go
- All visitors will be required to check-in via the Service Victoria app either on their own device or those provided in order to enter.
- All roads and paths are gravel. There is some uneven ground.
- Main Street at Sovereign Hill is a gentle slope; however, other areas of the site are quite steep. All roads are accessible by wheelchair, but some visitors could find the gravel surfaces difficult to manage.
- Underground mine tours are accessible for visitors in wheelchairs. Please enquire at the mine office on arrival for bookings.
- Parts of Sovereign Hill have wide bluestone gutters between the timber boardwalks and gravel roads. Ramps for crossing the gutters are highlighted on the free Wheelchair & Stroller visitor map, which is available on entry.
- Due to operational requirements, restrictions on motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs apply.
- Occupants of wheelchairs must be accompanied by a capable carer or companion.
- Wheelchair and other accessibility requirements must be notified at the time of booking.
- Wheelchairs and other mobility equipment will not be operated by The Sovereign Hill Museums Association staff.
- Tue to Sun - 10am to 5pm.
- Closed on Christmas Day.
Note - Operating hours may vary at Sovereign Hill's discretion without notice.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly after the purchase
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the time of redemption
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your voucher at the Sovereign Hill Museum.
- Address: Bradshaw St, Ballarat VIC 3350Australia.
Landmark: Ballarat East Bowling Club
By Car Located approximately 116km west of Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, takes about 1.5 hours; approximately 116km west of Melbourne Federation Square, takes about 1.5 hours.
Free Onsite parking is available.
Sovereign Hill is a comfortable 90-minute drive from Melbourne along the Western Highway. Once in Ballarat, just follow the brown and white tourist signs to Sovereign Hill.
By Public Transport Please check the Public Transport Victoria timetables (https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/) for more details to plan your trip.
Bus: 22, Bradshaw St/Barkly St
The ticket is valid for the date selected during the booking