Werribee Open Range Zoo Entry Ticket
Visit the renowned Werribee Open Range Zoo located near Melbourne, and transport yourself to the African Savannah. With a ticket that is applicable for a period of 12 months, enjoy a great deal of flexibility in being given the freedom to choose your own date and timings. Revel in an unforgettable chance to see rhinos, lions, and cheetahs up close!
- Savour an unforgettable safari ride through Australia’s Werribee Open Range Zoo, and catch sight of some of the rarest animals in the world!
- Explore the savannah, in the middle of Australia and feel as if you are taking a safari through the wilderness of Africa.
- Get a chance to go right up to rhinos and lions while on the sightseeing bus, and see these majestic creatures up close!
- Catch sight of giraffes, leopards, hippos, zebras, waterbucks, ostrich, and a host of other animals that you would expect in the middle of Africa!
- A guide will accompany you during the safari and give you a great deal of insight into the region and the various animals seen.
- See wild animals in their natural habitat as they catch their prey right in front of your eyes.
What to Expect
Enjoy a visit to the Werribee Open Range Zoo
Located about 32 kilometres to the southwest of Melbourne, Werribee Open Range Zoo was opened in 1983 and is known for its numerous exhibits featuring animals rarely found in the wild in Australia. It spans an area of 560 acres and is home to wild African animals such as lions, zebra, rhinoceros, and hippopotamus.
Embark on an Adventurous Safari through Australia
The safari will take you through different geographical regions, and you can see the flora and fauna change through the tour. Your guide will talk about the zoo, and how they manage to imitate the flora and fauna found in Africa. You will get a chance to see rhinoceros and lions up close, and the curious cats may even climb up the safari bus. There are several small lakes in the zoo where you will find hippos wallowing in the water as they attempt to escape the heat. There is also a simulated African village within the zoo, with both entertaining and educational features.
Booking a late session?
The free safari bus will not be running but there will be entertainers for you to enjoy around the zoo! We recommend bringing a picnic rug, a cheese platter, and enjoying the late-afternoon sunshine.
- Guided bus tour
- Transport to and from Werribee Open Range Zoo
Know Before You Go
- You will receive your tickets within 24 to 48 hours of making the booking
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 16yrs receive free entry on weekends, Victorian public holidays, and Victorian Government school holidays
- Children under 3 are free every day
- Do not feed any of the animals with human food during the safari
- Follow the advice of the tour guide and drivers to avoid any mishaps or injury during the safari
- Morning sessions: Daily from 9 AM - 3 PM
- Evening sessions: Daily from 3 PM - 8 AM (last entry at 6:30 PM)
Strict Cancellation Policy
Sorry we don’t offer refunds for change of heart. You will forfeit the full fare if no show. Date change permitted, subject to availability.
How To Redeem Your Ticket
You will receive your Werribee Open Range Zoo Entry Ticket mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please print this voucher and display it along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Werribee Open Range Zoo, K Rd, Werribee South VIC 3030
Take a train from the Central Business District of Melbourne to Werribee station. Then take the bus 439 Werribee South all the way to the zoo.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout