Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace Tour
Immerse yourself in over 500 years of Chinese history with a visit to some of Beijing’s most iconic landmarks including Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heaven and the Summer Palace!
- See the historic Tiananmen Square, the center of many events that shaped Chinese culture
- Trace the footsteps of generations of emperors as you stroll through the (no-longer) Forbidden City
- Visit the sacred site of the Temple of Heaven, and whisper secrets at the famous Echo Wall
- Explore the stunning gardens of the Summer Palace, once the summer retreat of the royal family
- Enjoy comfortable hotel transfers and the company of an expert English-speaking guide
Explore Beijing’s main imperial sites on a full-day tour, starting with an early morning pick-up from your hotel all the way to Tiananmen Square. See the famous monuments that are a testament to the country’s communist regime and understand the Maoist influence on China’s current affairs. One of the largest public squares in the world, Tiananmen Square displays monuments dedicated to the heroes of the revolution, the National Museum of China and Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall.
Continue onwards to the Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved of the group of imperial palaces. As the home and political center of the Ming dynasty to the end of the Qing dynasty (1420 to 1912), this complex best illustrates traditional Chinese palatial architecture. Enjoy 2 hours of exploration along the central axis. Then, you move on to the Temple of Heaven. Walk around and explore the complex that was visited by emperors for their annual ceremonies of prayer for a good harvest.
Take a break and feast on a typical Chinese lunch in a local restaurant. Once you’ve replenished your energy, head to a traditional pearl market to buy unique souvenirs for your loved ones. Make your way to the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular attractions. You will have about 80 minutes to explore the gardens, admire the glittering beauty of Kunming Lake and see the palaces and temples of Longevity Hill, before heading back to your hotel in the city center.
- Hotel transfers
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites
- Traditional Chinese lunch
- Additional gratuities
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
- The tour starts begins from 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM, and ends at 5 PM
- As it is a small group tour, the maximum number of people is limited to 15
- Pick-up service is available only to hotels in Beijing city center (within the 3rd Ring Road)
- The tour doesn’t operate on Mondays
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on the main street
- This is a bus tour. The hotel pick-up time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6 PM) via a phone call. If you don’t get any information about the hotel pick-up time by 10 PM the day before the tour, please call the emergency number and they will inform you. The emergency number is +86 153-1158-8132
- Pick-ups from Airbnbs or residential apartment is not possible. You will be informed by e-mail of an alternative pick-up meeting point
Moderate Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 3 days before the schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time of pick-up
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout