Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Mutianyu Great Wall Tour
There are two places in Beijing that one should absolutely not miss seeing. One is the Forbidden City, the former imperial palace, home to 24 Chinese emperors across dynasties. The other is the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. This full-day tour offers you both, along with the services of an expert English-speaking guide!
- Take a picture with Chairman Mao’s portrait at Tiananmen Square, one of the world's largest city squares
- Visit the massive Forbidden City complex and see for yourself how emperors lived back in the day
- Walk on the Great Wall at the scenic Mutianyu section, and fall in love with China's spectacular landscape
- With convenient hotel transfers and an expert guide by your side, enjoy a hassle-free experience
Your journey begins at the northern side of Tiananmen Square, one of the most symbolic sites of Beijing. See the two pairs of 600-year-old stone lions here, and an outer golden water bridge. Your guide will explain the significance of these decorations to you as you pass by them. From a distance, you will even be able to see the National Flag Pole, the Monument to the People's Hero, the Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall, the Great Hall of People, and the National Museum.
Continue onwards to the Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved group of ancient imperial palaces in China, dating back to over 500 years of history. Discover the history of this sprawling UNESCO–listed complex, where Ming and Qing emperors once ruled in opulence. Walk through some of the 1,000 rooms and 800 buildings, and admire the lifestyle of the emperors back then. From here, make your way to a Jade Carving Factory. See the exquisite craftsmanship involved in the making of these ornaments. Break for a traditional Chinese lunch after your visit here.
Soon after lunch, your next stop is the Mutianyu Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from China’s east coast to the country’s west desert. This section of the Wall is known for its spectacular landscapes. At Mutianyu, you can hike up the side of the mountain to the wall or take a cable car (at your own expense). Walk over the wall, passing several watchtowers. On the way back, you can either walk or take the cable car or toboggan (at your own expense). After this 2-hour visit, head back to downtown Beijing, to learn about Chinese traditional medicine culture at a specialized hospital.
- Hotel transfers
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites
- Traditional Chinese lunch
- Cable car fee to the Mutianyu Great wall
- Shuttle bus fee at the Mutianyu Great wall
- Additional gratuities
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
- The tour starts begins from 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM, and ends at 4 PM
- As it is a small group tour, the maximum number of people is limited to 15
- Pick-up service is available only to hotels in Beijing city center (within the 3rd Ring Road)
- The tour doesn’t operate on Mondays
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on the main street
- This is a bus tour. The hotel pick-up time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6 PM) via a phone call. If you don’t get any information about the hotel pick-up time by 10 PM the day before the tour, please call the emergency number and they will inform you. The emergency number is +86 153-1158-8132
- Pick-ups from Airbnbs or residential apartment is not possible. You will be informed by e-mail of an alternative pick-up meeting point
Moderate Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 4 days before the schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes before the scheduled time of pick-up
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout